Ch. 3 ✨Won't You Forgive Me?✨

*Few Days Later*
*Y/N's POV*

Ahh, lunch break! Finally, haha.
I've been on my feet for what seems like forever.
That and last nights sleep wasn't too great.

I took some pills to stop the dreams, but there's always something that gnaws at me when I do.
Like...I'm not supposed to do it.

No doubt, they're most likely NOT good to consume as much as I am, maybe that's why?
But its strange...when I take them, my nights are filled more with tosses and turns, uncomfortable sleep, and even sometimes sleepless nights.

But when I don't, and I allow my dreams to happen, I wake up in the morning more...fulfilled. Energized.
Its weird, I can't quite put my finger on it either.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it, again, as usual.

So in the end, I shrug it off, and take a drink of my tropical smoothie as I sit on a little bench that overlooks the calm beach and ocean.
What I love most about working at this cafe, is that I get to stare out at the ocean whenever I can...

Its lovely.

Until its suddenly ruined when I see a familiar cast of a shadow block my sunlight.

"Y/N?"

I grimace, lowering my sunglasses to look up and see his face.
Jason.
I put my sunglasses back on and pick up my phone, trying to ignore him.

Which he doesn't allow.

"Can we talk?" he asks.

"There isn't anything to talk about," I say, refusing to meet his gaze. "We're not a couple anymore. End of story."

"Come on Y/N, will you just give me a chance to explain?"

"Why?!" I finally shoot up in fury, "you're just going to give me that same ass excuse! About how you felt 'lonely' and 'not loved anymore'. If anything I should've been saying that to YOU!"

I jab a finger in his chest. "I loved you more then anything and did all I could to make you feel appreciated. What the hell did you ever do for me, huh?! You just went behind my back and cheated on me with our high school's slut!"

I don't realize that I'm shouting until a few heads turn to look our direction.
Immediately, embarrassment turns my cheeks pink as I sit back down.

"Can you just go away, please? Stop trying to get my forgiveness," I whisper, fighting to not let the tears fall from my eyes.

He kneels in front of me, taking my hands in his.
His touch sends memories flooding through my head, making me bite the inside of my cheeks to keep from spurting out more stupid shit.

"I don't expect you to forgive me this soon, but I want you to know something Y/N," he cups my face in his hand, "I want to try again. I want to be the boyfriend you truly deserve. Because I love you with all my heart, and I can't picture life without you by my side."

He stands up, one hand still holding mine.

"I feel like such a fool for going behind your back. I always will feel like an idiot, but I really want you to see that I've changed for the better. I can prove it too, just...please, give me a second chance, Y/N."

A second chance...

The idea sounds laughable. I both want to tell him to fuck off, and tell him that I will give him a chance.
But I don't say neither.

I stand up. "I need to get back to work," I whisper, turning and going inside, leaving him behind, his eyes heavy on my back as he watches me close the door between us.

I lean against the wall, before I slowly let myself sink down onto my knees, hands over my face.

I want to believe him, god knows I do, but at the same time...I find it so hard to.

How can I trust him after all he's done? The cheating, his verbal abuse...

How can I forgive that.

"Y/N?"

I look up to see Clarisse standing over me, hands full of dirty dishes waiting to be washed. "Are you...okay?" She asks, hesitantly, afraid that I might run away if approached to harshly.

"Uh, yeah!" I stand up, rubbing at my eyes, "I'm good. Real good..."
She stares at me in silence for several moments, before she whispers the words that push me over the edge.

"Its Jason, isn't it?"

I nod, feeling my eyes sting from possible tears coming. But I fight to swallow them down and hide behind my mask of pride.

"It's nothing serious, don't fret," I say, before the ringing of my phone saves me.
Thank you God.

I pull it out to see that it's mom calling. Probably because its near Christmas, and she wants me to visit, like I do every year.

I almost decline it, before Clarisse nudges me to answer.
"Go ahead, make it quick, alright?"

I nod, answering and stepping outside. "Hey mom."

"Hi sweetie!" Mom says excitedly on the other line, "how are you doing?"

"I'm pretty good. And yourself?" I ask, messing with a knot in my hair that escaped the hair brushes wrath this morning.

"Things are good! Are you coming this Christmas?"

"I always do," I respond, smiling. "You know I'd never miss out on that."
I can't see it, but I can tell mom is smiling on the other line.

"Wonderful! We are so excited to see you! Your aunt and uncle are coming as well, along with your two cousins and there kids and...Oh! Will you bring Jason?"

Oh...yeah. I never told her about what happened between us.
I exhale a breath. "We aren't...seeing each other anymore. He uh...he cheated on me."

I can hear mom's faint gasp in the background, and I brace myself for a possible lecture from her.

"Oh...aw honey I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to be," I begin to pace, feeling anxiety come over me.
"I'm over it now."

"Hon-"

"Mom I gotta get back to work okay? But I'll talk to you later and I'll see you in a couple of weeks. Tell dad I love him, alright?"

She's silent for a moment, before I hear her sigh softly. "Okay sweetheart. Have a good day at work. Bye now."

"Bye," I hang up, slipping the phone in my apron pocket.
This will be my first Christmas party without Jason there.
Everyone will stare at me in pity, and possibly wonder why he cheated on me, and in the end, they'll probably blame me for why he cheated.

Shit I wish I could get out of this.

But, its been a while since I've seen mom and dad. I miss them...
But if Mom asks about my dreams, I have to lie to her.

If she finds out I'm still dreaming, well...it won't be pretty.