Ch. 19 ✨I Miss You✨

*One Week Later*
*Y/N's POV*

The rain pours outside my apartment home, and I sit in my tiny box I call a home, curled into a small ball on a chair that sits near a window, steaming cup of tea in my hand that's barely been drank.

It's already a month since I've seen him...Alastor.
They say time heals heartbreak, well, whoever thought of that saying was wrong.

It hasn't healed me, instead, it's only hurt me more.
There's been some nights where I've wanted to visit him, but I'm reminded of yet again the truth.

He'll see Elizabeth...not me.

I bring my knees closer to my face, before I hear the static of a radio beside me, and an old song play.
One that I know Alastor would simply love...one that he has probably sang before.

Hilarious...the song title is "We'll meet again."
What a smack to my face and a knife to my heart.

Still, I don't change it, I listen to it, imaging that Alastor is singing this song to me right now, dancing with me in the little space of my apartment, holding my hands lovingly in his...

Did we dance a lot in the past, I wonder, when I was Elizabeth?
Hmm...perhaps that's why it felt familiar dancing with Alastor...
I exhale a breath, lowering my head down, feeling the steam of my tea warm my face.

I shut my eyes, as one tear slides down my cheeks.

"I miss you," I whisper shakily, "I never thought I would," I open my eyes, hoping to see him standing in the corner of my room, soft smile on his face, one finger under my chin to tilt my head up to meet his gaze, and tell me that I've never fully dressed without a smile.

But there is no one else here beside me, and the voice of the person singing this song on the radio.

I reach over and play the song again, letting my head rest against the arm of my chair as I listen to the rain pour outside.
When did he become the most important thing in my life? And also...the worst thing to have happened to me?

Without him, I wouldn't be sitting here crying as I listen to this song on repeat.

Without him, I would have never known what real love was.
Such a double edge sword...

I find myself singing the words softly, swaying side to side in a slow manner, my voice cracking every now and then from my crying.

And when the song ends, I hear a faint whisper.

"We'll meet again, my darling..."

I sit up, glancing around the room, feeling joy flood my chest.
"Alastor?!'' I run into the other room, only to find that no one is there.

Slowly, my hand falls from the wall, the pain sinking back into the cracks of my heart.
No...he isn't here. It was only my imagination.

I walk back to my chair and sit down, taking the deer plushie in my hand, kissing its nose softly before I break down in more tears.

I've never wanted anything more then what I want right now.
Alastor beside me, rambling about a silly moment from his era, or how he doesn't understand the modern world.

Or him calling me his sweet Y/N, his darling...
I want him here with me right now.

But he won't arrive. Out of respect for me, and the fact that I've been pushing the dosage of my pills that keep an invisible wall between us.

How badly I want to break that wall and go to him.

But I don't. In fear that he won't see me the same again...
So instead, I'll just sit here, and listen to this song, and dance on my own...