ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

"So WW3 started?"

"Yup"

"And three million people-"

"Three billion people died, that's correct"

"And natural disasters also occurred due to global warming"

"That's right"

"And diseases spread because world wide healthcare collapsed"

"Yes..."

Larsan trails off when he notices your expression.

"So, it's better for me to stay on this island rather then face a brutal future with my son?"

"Yes...and there is also no way back home so you are stuck"

You let out a frustrated sigh, Larsan can see the concern and fear on your face. He puts a comforting hand on your shoulder and says.

"I know that this is too much to take in, but you need to know that I decided to be honest with you"

You remove your hand away.

"Why did you give me false hope that I could return to my home?"

Larsan shrugs at the question, thinking of a way to answer it without seeming like a horrible person.

"Because I didn't want to burden you with the truth" he explains.

You pull him into a hug, wrapping your arms around him.

Larsan thought you would comfort him because of the war horrors he witnessed but instead...

"You should know that I hate liars"

"And how did I lie to you?"

"You knew that there was no way back to my home, and you still lied to me about it. You gave me false hope, and I trusted you."

Larsan is taken aback by your response, he thought you were calling him a liar for something else like being manipulative.

"You are right. I did lie to you, and I'm sorry. I thought it was the best thing to do at the time, but now I realize that it was wrong to keep this from you."

As he speaks, you can see the genuine remorse in his eyes. You take a moment to process his apology, and then you respond.

"I forgive you, Larsan. But I need some time to process everything that you have told me. I hope you understand."

Larsan nods, understanding your need for space. He gives you one last squeeze before stepping back, and you turn away.

You wait until he leaves and let out a sigh of relief.

No, you don't need any time to think, you just felt uncomfortable around Larsan and wanted him to leave you alone.

But thinking back about the time difference between you and him.

You believe it's time to ask the king real questions about the whole matter.

And from this you are going to decide your motivation on whether what you are going to do.

You have to also plan for your son's future.

❃❃❃

"A magician on this island, how interesting"

The King says while walking in front of the beaten up man.

Jelesian smiles at Celestian ignoring the pain echoing through his body.

"I only experiment for fun"

Celestian chuckles before grabbing Jelesian by the hair tightly.

"You might have used magic to get (Y/n) pregnant, and I still consider that rape"

The King puts a sharp dagger against Jelesians neck.

"And I hate rapists"