[7] CASE: Chase

[Akk's POV]

Working with Namo was more and more exhausting so Khan's advice to go on a fresh air for a few days wasn't working.

However, seeing Ayan getting out of the dumpster to not get caught by me raised my mood until I saw another kid with him... I hope he's not up to any trouble. I don't want to put a bug on his clothes to know where he is all the time but he's acting suspicious.

"Namo, I think we should seperate so we could go earlier back."

"I get it, after your rejection, I'd rather be alone now as well." He fake smiled and walked away almost immediately... ahh, that's why I hate relationships in work.

Anyways, I walked to the alley where Ayan disappeared with that kid but it was a dead end. How the hell did they - old gutter, they must have used it to get on the other side. It's perfect to see if my endurance is still good. At first it was tough but in the end I got to the other side without having a back pain.

I didn't see them anywhere even from the view I had but then I saw the nearest shop where he could hide. It was some cheaper cloth store so the possibility of him being there just got higher.

"Hello Ma'am."

"Oh, welcome, Chief! I wouldn't expect you here!" People are always terrified by seeing me or my colleagues in public places as if they had a reason to be scared but I get that those guns we carry all the time don't make it better.

I looked around and saw Ayan almost immediately. He was just smiling and choosing clothes for that kid.

"We are lucky they have your school uniform here as well from the students who didn't need it anymore. This could be your size, try it on."

"Thank you, Phi... and I'm sorry for what I told you... I just."

"Look, no matter who I fall in love with, I'll always put you first. You just have to understand I'd like to spend time with that person as well." I felt like I shouldn't listen to their conversation but I wanted to hear it.

"I get it, I'm fifteen so I'm also interested with relationships but... I want to become someone before I start dating and that's why I'd like to study longer..." It's still incredible that Ayan helps them to study like others even though they are in horrible situation... no, I can't be impressed!

"I'll buy uniforms for others as well so that stupid teacher does not scold you anymore."

"Hey Phi, can I take this soccer jersey as well? I like to play football with others who have it..." I saw that Ayan stroked his soft cheek and hesitated but in the end let him have it. I can't look at this anymore...

"Ma'am, I'd like to pay for what that man is choosing but don't let him know."

"O-of course, that's so nice of you." I smiled and gave her more than it should cost as a tip but the feeling of doing something great was worth it.

I decided to leave them alone and get back to my work when someone called me on my transceiver.

"- Boss, I was just trying to stop the thieves from the place where we separated but they managed to run away from me, I need your help, they should be close. -" I frowned. Who has the audacity the rob others in the bright daylight?

I ran to the street where Namo headed and saw two guys with masks on just getting to their car.

"STOP! IN THE NAME OF THE LAW!" They completely ignored me and quickly drove away, Namo had to go to the car so I tried to catch up with them and hoped for a traffic on the main road but one man was faster than me and managed to catch up with the car. When I had a closer look, I noticed it was the same clothes which Ayan was wearing and saw how he managed to jump on the mini truck.