[9] CASE: Revealing secrets

[Akk's POV]

My heart was beating faster and I was afraid of doing something I'd regret later but luckily Officer Tian disturbed us. They barely came to discuss their cases with us, I wondered why he was here this time...

When Ayan walked out the door, I invited him in.

"I see you have a new rookie here, he looks good."

"He's just here to help me keep the station clean and classify my paperwork. What are you here for?" He sat down before saying something.

"Akk, let's not play dumb. I know very well why you hired him."

"Can you read my mind or what?" He smirked.

"For the same reason, Phupha hired me as well, you know? And I also didn't start as a police officer." I forgot he was in custody before Chief Phupha fell in love with him... He was accused of a car accident in which Chief Phupha's friend Torfun died and the doctors who took her heart for Tian's transplantation were accused as well for doing it without family's permission... It was two long years and I was working on this case as well before Tian's lawyer saved him by finding evidence for Tian's well-being. Of Torfun's agreement to donor her heart without asking for permission and the car having a different driver.

Chief Phupha was so mad at him before everything was cleared up. He was mad at him for keeping it a secret in front of him and lying to him when they got close and he earned his trust.

"Nice ring by the way."

"Yeah I got engaged to him but let's talk about you. Why did you hire him besides his good-looking face?" Tian rested his chin on his palm and kept staring at me.

"He was... in a bad situation, I wanted to help him..." He didn't seem to be satisfied yet.

"And next?"

"Fine... I'm interested in him, that's all."

"And how did you even meet him? The people you meet are usually criminals or colleagues." Fuck him and his analysing mind.

"I don't think I have to tell you."

"Come on, Akk, if he did something against the law, I won't tell anyone. You know that I myself almost appeared behind the bars." I sighed... maybe telling him will help me...

"Fine, fine, he was a thief who was stealing money for his poor family, satisfied?"

"So Robin Hood, not bad at all, Akk, you've got some taste but not as my Chief." I gulped before asking him the following question.

"And... how is Longtae?"

"Well, he didn't take your break-up very well so he left for a while but then he miraculously moved on with someone else."

"With whom?!" I stood up and was afraid of his answer. He stayed quiet for a while.

"Well... after your break-up, that was after the incident where you had to kill the culprit... he decided to voluntarily guard the prisoners in their cells and there he found one deviant who was about to be released. He was probably inspired by my Chief and fell for a criminal." He was too proud after spending two years in custody.

But as long as Longtae is happy, I have no right to oppose it.

"You know why I did it."

"After you went crazy? Yeah, I do but you shut him without any explanation you know? He was devastated." I bit my bottom lip.

"Alright, I won't torture you anymore. I'm here for something else."

"What is it?" He looked annoyed.