[3] MISSION: Bomb defusion (18+)

[Akk's POV]

One week after getting along with our new buddies, we've finally got a mission together.

"Everyone! Today you'll be trying to track a culprit with your canine! Our volunteer will be leaving his scents through the forest by hiding his clothes in several spots and your mission is to find the volunteer. Also, every time your canine tracks the false target, you'll be losing one point. Losing your point means you'll get less food on your plate and it applies to your canine as well. Be careful. The limit is five hours and we have to say that our volunteer is very quick." I gulped... could it be? No... why would he do it? But they pay a lot to the volunteers...

We waited for the sign and she whistled after our dogs got to smell his scent. Unfortunately, we couldn't smell it as well to not help our dog and lead him to the target, it has to be teamwork as the lieutenant said.

"Singto, have you got something?" I asked when we were running from one spot to another but till now he didn't find any track of him. I'm sure the real culprit will be hiding on the top of the hill to get as far as possible from the scents he left around but that'd be too simple and he'd be an easy target. To run away faster from the scents... he must have run down the hill where he'll have more options to hide.

"Singto, let's run down." He listened to me and it was really hard to keep up with him but he finally seemed to smell him and rushed to the left side where there were a lot of bushes and rocks but with Singto we were training to jump together over the obstacles as well. When I put my one hand on the huge rock to bounce off my body from the ground, Singto used two of his paws to copy me.

We sped up when Singto was more and more sure of the track and I finally saw a black hoodie with the blink of my eye.

"Singto!" I released him and he barked when he caught him. My heart was beating faster but then I saw his face... it was no one I knew.

"They didn't tell me the job will be so risky..." He muttered when Singto bit his leg.

"Singto, come to me." He wagged his tail and returned to me.

"H-how did you find me so quickly?"

"It was easy. I knew you'd want to mess with us right at the beginning to save your time and you were faster running down here, we didn't even bother with those scents Singto kept smelling there." He smirked.

"Great analysing... they gave me this to reward the winner to save your time by dragging me back." I looked closer at his leg.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, they gave me limb pads for that but your dog's muzzle press is really strong." I helped him up and then we returned with our two badges. We saw others still looking around and felt bad for not telling them but they'll shoot a flare to stop this training.

Lieutenant Sani looked at us really shocked.

"Akk? You still have three hours and thirty-eight minutes."

"We've found him, right Singto?" He barked and I gave her the badge. She smirked.

"Great work, Akk, I think you've gained Singto's heart by not leaving him in the corner and picking him when there were more friendly dogs... besides those who knocked out their handlers the first time they met them."

"I wanted to ask... if you don't have anything for Singto, he really deserves it."

"You don't want a special meal for yourself?" I leaned closer to Singto and petted him.

"He deserves it more, I just led him to the right track."

"How charming, alright, he'll get a special piece of meat to his granules." I thought the training would be really depressing but having Singto by my side was just what I needed. The best thing is that I'll have to keep him after the training ends which I appreciate.