[10] MISSION: One day

[Black's POV]

I thought everything would be fine once Todd gets to the ambulance but his heart stopped beating in the van as well!

"Stop the car! We need to get him back!!" I was so stressed watching them panicking and trying to rescue him. They even used electric cardioversion on him and I started losing hope!

"Is he back?!"

"Yes, we can see the activity of his heart again!" I buried my head into my hands... he lost too much blood.

"Sir, are you alright? You are really pale."

"The love of my life was dying right in front of my eyes, what do you think?!" I hate these stupid questions, just do you work! They didn't question anything more but when we arrived to the hospital, I had to wait in the waiting room while had to undertake surgery immediately... Oh God...

Three hours later, they finally came out from the operating room and I was overwhelmed with a lot of questions but they were all so exhausted that they just completely avoided me. It was getting on my nerves! At least the nurses could answer me! They can't be so exhausted!

I decided to talk to the receptionist if she doesn't know more.

"Miss, the surgery that ended just now... do you know more?" She shook her head.

"I just know that it was seriously difficult operation and that they were... resuscitating the patient two times. He needed immediate blood transfusion but was lucky enough we just had a lot of donors in the hospital. Find the right blood type was also tough. The patient's blood type is positive 0 which is very demanded in the hospitals."

"Fuck my blood type is positive 0! They could just ask for my blood!" However, she saw the pack of cigarettes in my pocket.

"Did you smoke today?"

"Of course! Who could take it?!" She sighed.

"Then you wouldn't be able to donate blood. You can't smoke on the day your blood is taken." Fuck it.

"And? When will I be able to see him?"

"When he's in the ICU, no one besides doctors is able to see him. You've got to wait." I slammed the desk and went back to the waiting room. My knees couldn't stop shaking and I needed to smoke immediately but when I came to the elevator, I met several suspicious guys there.

"IDF... what are you doing here?"

"So this badge is familiar to you. You must be Black, our culprit." I gulped.

"Huh?! No way! I'm innocent!"

"Calm down, we are here to interrogate you." I bit my lip. These mother-fuckers... They dragged me back to the waiting room and while three guys tried to interrogate the nurses, their captain kept me in his captivity.

"My first question is... how are you invested in the case? Who is Todd to you?" I'm tired.

"Can't you tell who's the enemy and who's the hero here? Fine... I guess I need to tell you myself, dumbass. The corpse you probably saw in the mansion, that was Todd's asshole father. He was... torturing him for several years and unlike his victims, he has never let him die..."

"I see, Todd is the victim then. Can you swear that he has never done anything wrong?"

"Fuck, he had to follow his abusive father's orders!"

"So he did because he was forced into it, alright... what about you? Why were you still shooting the serial killer after he was already dead? Any grudge towards him? As your colleague I'm telling you, we should be professional all the time." I frowned.