[13] MISSION: Patience

[Akk's POV]

After my endless running around the lake where I used to take Singto, I could finally talk to Chadok who didn't let me explain myself. He was more stubborn than me.

"Akk, that's enough, go take a shower now."

"Wait..." I could barely move my legs so I supported myself with my arms.

"What is it?" I gulped.

"Ayan's uncle is alright... huff... and he's really happy." I smiled and his eyes widely opened.

"So he's been released from the hospital... that's good... that's so good..." I smiled.

"You should definitely call him, he's waiting just for this." He took a deep breath.

"I-I can't... it's been so long... what if he doesn't love me anymore?"

"Lieutenant Chadok! Are you seriously scared of calling the man who's been the love of your life?! I'm ashamed to be your trainee now-!" He shut my mouth. Truth hurts, doesn't it?

"I'll do it! I'll do it! Now go take the shower!"

Everyone was asleep already, just I was washing my body at this hour. I've just came back but I already missed Ayan. His smile... his touches... it was becoming hard to stay strong but I needed to finish this. Not only for myself but also for my colleagues, Black and mainly my family and Singto who likes to go into the terrain and enjoys searching for bad guys.

When I was done showering, I decided to give my last call to Khan who I haven't seen for so long and didn't call when my attention belonged to Aye and now I regretted not calling him at all.

I waited for a while, the signal wasn't the best but in the end he picked up the phone and yawned right away.

"Ahh... police station... chief Khan on the call... what's your emergency?"

"Khan! It's me!"

"Holy shit, Akk! I thought you already died and I wasn't sure if I should take care of your funeral." I rolled my eyes. He was exhausted but his humor stayed the same.

"No, I was even back in Bangkok for a while... we've investigated the case which has been unresolved for so many years... you know the serial killer Todd."

"Oh yeah, that guy who got help from Black. Did you find him? Really?!"

"Yes but Todd was the victim, it was actually his father... Black has been investigating it for a long time but now he's jobless as he broke several rules because of it... I was wondering... when he'll be able to work in this field again... if you could take him under your wing."

"Sure, I'll need it... it looks like Namo will be fired soon."

"Huh?"

"I thought he had just this period in a month just like women have but he's been unbearable for so long... ever since you left, Akk." The last thing I remembered was that he got with Thua.

"But why? Wasn't he dating Thua?"

"Don't even remind me! They just spent one night together and everything's upside down now! Wat is helping me though... actually... you should know we are dating now after your hard trying to set us up."

"Huh?! You two are seriously dating?! That's amazing!"

"I know! It happened like this. I've been recently dealing with the same issue like you, I've got insomnia and feel tired but he's been coming back to the station late at night with a warm take out food and drink for me. He's been filling half of the reports I've got here and one day he even put a blanket on me when I was almost asleep... he confessed his love for me again and yeah, I finally realized I can't do anything without him. His presence was making it easier for me and so when he was leaning closer to my ear to wish me a good night, I kissed him. And then we did it right in the office but don't tell anyone!" Oh God, he didn't....