[11] CASE: Stolen heart

[Akk's POV]

I felt so bad after I saw how betrayed Ayan felt... I didn't intend to sell his identity as he could think, I told it just those I trust the most and that's mainly Khan. Wat is like my past self when it comes to law so there's no way I could tell him and Tian understands me very well. I also helped him when he was in custody as I also didn't think he would do it just to get himself a new heart. How could he even know she was a donor... Chief Phupha thought he somehow got this information and then looked for a chance to get Torfun... he couldn't think straight when his "sister" died and blamed it all on Tian who was the first suspected of it.

My shift was over so I locked the office and headed home. I didn't even notice how badly Ayan did his work but it was my fault in the end.

However... when I opened the door to my house, it looked as if it was after burglary. Broken vases and opened drawers... my safe was emptied as well and I was scared I wouldn't have the money for Ayan but then I found his letter... The first thing I should do was to report it but after I learnt it was him, I just couldn't.

Things are just things for me. I don't feel empty just because I lost some electronics I can buy again but what hurt me the most... he was very clear about leaving me... I crumpled the paper!

"Dear Akk, today was the last time I talked to you and kissed you like crazy. I'm sorry for taking your things. I have my reasons and you probably know what I mean. It's hurting me, Akk, as if I was writing this with my own blood. Don't think that I didn't love you, please. I fell in love with you the first time that we met but with my trust issues I had to act cold... I can't even describe how thankful I am to you. For inviting me in and letting me be a part of your life. For helping me with my family issues, thank you so much, Akk. But now we have to separate. I have to run away, you can try to find me but I'll make everything in my power to not let anyone find me. Please respect it. Goodbye, Akk... I love you..."

Invading my life and then running away, huh?! Leaving me just when I was sure that I fell for him! Fuck, I was even willing to sell my house and found something small just to save his Uncle!! I was even willing to go to prison instead of him or take care of his family when he'd be stuck in the cell... I was willing to testify falsely for him and risk my whole career for him and he simply runs away!

I curled up on the ground and began to cry but my tears were soon exchanged with screaming. My heart hurt so badly that I wished to listen to dad and become lawyer... I could still meet him in the court or somewhere else... Why... why did it have to be him and not someone with balanced life...

My phone began to ring in my pocket and I didn't want to pick it up but when I saw Tian's name on it, I thought I could learn something.

"Tian?"

"What's with your cracked up voice? Anyways... I'm sorry to bother you but Chief asked me to get him the report you had. I tried to convince him even with my flirting techniques but you know how strict he is. He wants it tomorrow in his e-mail so if you could..."

"I'm already at home."

"Don't you have it home?"

"I had it in my MacBook but... anyways, I should have flashdisk somewhere with all of my files."

"Great, let me know if you find it." I gulped. Can I actually do it? Sell him to save my position as a Chief or resign? Unlike Ayan... I had a hard time deciding between Chadok's wish and him. Chadok's wish to take care of his employers and cases or the first true love of my life? No... it was actually easy... I kept making mistakes even before so someone else is better suited for the position... it'll be my right hand Khan. Wat is strict so he'll definitely held him and hire forces to take care of their work... it can bring them closer as well... it's decided then. I won't give Ayan to anyone.