[9] MISSION: Investigation

[Akk's POV]

As we were waiting for the investigators, I couldn't stop feeling anxious... I'm almost one hundred percent sure we'll have to go to court with this. Even with Lieutenant Sani's testimony, no one else knows about what just happened and she'll be accused of covering up for us... At least we've got witnesses and the victim of all of this.

"Akk? Are you okay?" Aye looked at me with worry and I couldn't force myself to lie.

"I shot him to his arm so we could arrest him... Black killed him and that will cause us problems."

"It's not his fault! He was almost killed and had to eliminate the danger!" Lieutenant came towards us.

"But we didn't record the conversation..." She smirked.

"I did, I had a recorder hidden in my uniform. I tried to talk to him but in the record, they'll hear that he was way too aggressive to negotiate with him. We'll testify for Black if it's needed. He'll probably be in custody as well till the victim wakes up and confess everything about that man. Even though I found seven corpses in this place... there's no evidence it was him. We need the testimony."

"That's amazing, Lieutenant! I was scared... that it'll happen all over again."

"Again?" I bowed my head and bit my lip. I looked at Aye who was also curious.

"I... wasn't able to save a raped girl... he was holding gun next to her head and I couldn't pull the trigger... he killed her right in front of my eyes and then I killed him... I was accused of making a mistake during my shift which caused her death and they were also investigating my case if I was defending myself. After I could return to my work, I was afraid of holding a gun... it took months till I could go into action..." My memories were replaying in my head but Aye grabbed my shoulder and I could return to the reality.

"I'm sorry about that... we are not superheroes, we can't save everyone but people expect us to do it. I understand that you were insecured after being accused of causing someone's death but you've done really well this time... how could you know where he was when you were hiding behind the wall?" I smirked.

"Singto is a really great navigator. With his paw he pointed at the place where I should shoot without barking to not warn the enemy. He's way smarter than us."

"Oh, what a talent, not even my Krist can do that! But his ability is mainly about hunting criminals, his muzzle is not as good as Singto's." I nodded.

"That dog is more useful than me... I hate that." Aye sulked and looked away. I started laughing.

"Huh? Do you think he's better than you?"

"Well, you don't need me anymore to catch bad guys!" I leaned closer to him and grabbed his chin.

"That's right but he can't replace you in many things..." I whispered to his ear but Lieutenant caught us.

"At home, boys! The investigators will be here any moment!" I forgot that we weren't alone.

We heard several footsteps in a while and six investigators just approached us.

"Lieutenant Sani? I'm the Captain of the investigation detective force and as I can see... this case will be serious." He said when he saw a lying motionless body behind us. The other investigators came closer to the body and made several photos before touching him with their gloves.

"This man is a serial killer we've been looking for several years! In the official report, it's his son who's accused of his crimes but one of our officers learnt the truth before us."