[8] CASE: New job

[Ayan's POV]

I sneaked out of my family's place at 3 am just when everyone was asleep. I also made sure Uncle's heart was working well by placing a hand on his chest... it was beating slow and I got worried. Fuck, till I save money for the surgery, it'll take several months and I can't ask Akk to lend me money. He can't even have that much at the moment...

When I returned to Akk's place, I was glad to not see him walking around the kitchen. I suppose he was sleeping then and to not disturb him, I slept on the couch for one hour before he woke me up.

"Ayan, you already came." I was slowly opening my eyes when he was touching my bare shoulder.

"Uhmm, I wanted to start working today." I looked up at his beautiful morning face. He already had time to shower, so fast.

"Fine, I'm taking you with me, since you bought just clothes for your siblings, I'll lend you some casual clothes which I don't wear anymore but this has to stop before my colleagues realize that your clothes are mine."

"Couples wear each others' clothes, it's normal." I smiled and he frowned.

"Couples maybe but definitely not us so after work we'll buy you some clothes."

"Are you saying I'll have to be stuck there with you till late at night?"

"No, you'll have morning and night shift. You can do whatever you want in the afternoon."

"Like robbing a bank?" I smirked to see his reaction.

"Ayan!" I barely held my laugh. It's so easy to make him shout at me.

"Kidding, can't you tell yet?" He sighed and rather left for the clothes. So I'm free in afternoon... I could use this time to talk to my Uncle's doctor. To ask him how much time do I have...

In Akk's car, he's been more quiet than usually. Is he worried about how his colleagues will take me? I better make sure to make a great impression and mainly in front of that pipsqueak.

"Hey guys, I'm glad we are all here earlier than we should..."

"You literally called us yesterday late at night to come sooner, Akk!" Then one that was looking for me said and yawned.

"I have my reasons, Khan, please understand it."

"What is that vandal from yesterday doing here?" Pipsqueak talked.

"Vandal?" The one next to him asked.

"T-that's why I asked you to come sooner... this is Ayan, he'll be keeping the office clean and making us coffee. He'll also help me with paperwork so I could get more into action."

"Wouldn't be easier to make him your assistant? He could be taking care of the stuff you don't have time for."

"I had that in my mind, Wat, but he doesn't have qualification for it. Taking calls and writing reports requires it. And also talking to our accountant about the money we need for our weapons, new uniforms and other accessories..." Pipsqueak smirked!

"You want to tell me he didn't even graduate from high school, Boss? Graduation would be enough for this." I seriously hate when people judge me based on my education... not everyone can afford it for fuck's sake.

"I may not have rich parents to pay for my university fees, Shortie, but making you a cup of black coffee can do anyone."

"Shortie?! Is that how you should talk to your superiors?!"

"Stop it, Namo! We are not here to argue with each other and I really need Ayan here. Does anyone else have any problems with it?" Others shook their heads.