Chapter 3: Personality.

HARLEY

"hi, coco" i smiled shyly at the cute receptionist sitting behind the grey desk.

"good evening ms.richards. what can i do for you?" she grinned.

swooning. i could feel myself swooning at the pretty smile stretched across her pink soft-looking lips.

"just wondering how your night was yesterday?" did you see the flowers i left you?

"great! i went on a date with greg last night after he bought me flowers. left them right here on my desk" she sighed dreamily.

my smile dropped at that. "greg?"

"yes, he's from-"

"the IT department" i couldnt help the frown taking over my face even if i want to. she went out on a date with that douche? for godsake he used my flowers to ask her out! that bastard must've thrown the card that i tucked into the flowers away and claimed them as his.

"oh you know him?"

"im his boss. i know all my employee's" i responded coldly, feeling agitated. "i thought you were into women?"

"oh no that was a phase" she giggled, "im not one of those people"

"one of those people?" i repeated slowly.

"the gays duh" coco said with a giggle.

"theres nothing wrong with being gay" i knew i sounded defensive but i didnt give a shit. even if no one in my work place knew of my sexuality ive never been ashamed of it, i could care less if they knew i just didnt see it as something important to share.

"thats what they want you to think so they can rope you into their aids party. i, myself almost fell into it but i realized before i was too far gone.." she just spoke as if she was right. as if everything she was saying was okay.

my heart slowly melted yet iced itself back together with disgust. what did i ever see in her? beside a pretty face i see that her personality is disgusting.

maybe her and greg are perfect for each other.

"as 'one of those people'" i air quoted mockling. "you just lost yourself a job for your homophobia. next time keep your thoughts and comments to yourself" i spat.

coco looked at me with shocked as she started stammering over her words.

"i dont want to hear it. have your shit gone in ten minutes or it'll be thrown out" i walked away feeling my mood completely ruined now.

how dare she?

the audacity some people have.

i shook my head as i walked to my sister's office wanting to tell her the news in person that i may have found her a potiental assistant.

veronice mayfields.

"twenty-five years old. she had a previous job of assisting for five years and after doing some digging i found out it wasnt her fault she got let go. i called her boss and he had nothing but good things to say like she's well mannered, very organized, good at note-taking and is quick on her feet. said he felt bad for firing her but couldnt afford her anymore" i told my sister, glancing up to make sure she was paying attention.

"sounds good. what does she look like?"

"i dont have a picture but schedule her in for a interview tomorrow and you will see"

"okay thanks" i turned around to leave but stopped when she started talking. "where are you off to?"

"my house. i found out that my work crush," i scoffed at how childish that sounded. ", is a fucking homophobe"

"did you fire her? this is no place for homophobia" maven growled, already seeming angry.

"of course i fired her. who do you take me for?"

"i know. im just already a little pissed about the no assistant thing. i didnt know doing all this shit on your own was so fucking much"

"now that you know maybe with this new assistant you'll actually get some real work done instead of pushing it all on her" i joked.

"yeah maybe" maven chuckled. "im going out for drinks tonight. you going to swing by?"

"so you can ditch me for a quick fuck? no way. ive learned my lesson the last five times"

"ditching you would mean i left the club. we simply went to the bathroom" my oldest sister shrugged carelessly.

"you disgust me" i deadpanned.

"sure. ill see you tomorrow"

"okay ill send her file to your computer along with her number. give her a text letting her know she can come in for a interview"

"alright"

i walked out of the office shutting the door softly behind me. i love my sister but shes a slut. its a surprise she doesnt have any diseases but shes keep herself protected and gets tested when she should so thats good at least.

i dont have nearly as much sex as her seeing as i prefer to only do it with people im in a relationship with.

but i dont judge. if thats what she likes to do then who am i to stand in the way of that? im just not going to sit at the bar alone while she fucks another girl in the bathroom.

even though we're only one year apart we are so much more different in personality. at least id like to think so.

"oh carla!" she stopped walking and looked up from the company-issued tablet that we gave out to all employees. it costed a shit ton if you broke it.

"yes maam?"

"have greg come by my office later this afternoon if you see him. him and i need to have a conversation" my jaw clenched just thinking about it.

she smiled, "for sure maam"