Chapter 22: Moral?

MAVEN

✞MAVEN✞

————

"come in" i muttered not caring if who was on the other side heard me or not.

im tired as fuck.

i had the worst dream last night that had me waking up sweating.

i got out of my bed, not even having to be quiet because veronica nor harley were there.

we were all at our respective homes last night which sucked.

i hated that when i woke up from my nap of having a mind blowing orgasm she was gone, only leaving a text explaining that eva - her bestfriend - had an emergency.

"babe?" my eyes snapped up from my computer and to the sound of my girlfriend.

fuck. the sight of her left me breathless.

her long black hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, minimal make up on her face with her lips a glossy cherry red.

my eyes trailed down her body and slowly back up taking a look at the silver heels that adored her small feet. her entire outfit was white— the dress pants, cropped white top, and medium sized blazer.

my neckless that i bought for her was hanging loosely over the top.

i gulped and looked at her, speechless.

"whats wrong?" she asks with concern and walked further into my office.

"nothing" my skin flushed hot when i suddenly remembered yesterday. this is my first time seeing her after that. "why-" i took a quick glance down her body again. "-are you dressed up?"

"we have a meeting at five, silly" she smiles showing all her perfect teeth. i groaned in despair suddenly remembering that meeting.

"oh yeah.."

"its with very important people so i thought i'd dress to impress" veronica rounded my desk and came over to me, she pulled my chair out. "so did i?"

"definitely" my arms wrapped themselves around her waist when she sat in my lap. having her here with me felt so good i could barely control myself.

"yeah?"

i hum.

veronica hand rubbed over my bare arm as we sat in silence for a moment. "maven?"

"yes?"

"how are you after yesterday?"

i quickly sat up from my relaxed position where my face was smushed into her back. "huh?"

veronica snickered as she repositioned herself in my lap so she could look at me.

i nervously stared back but tried not to show i was nervous.