Chapter 17: Talking.

MAVEN

"Mm good morning" i said looking over my coffee mug to veronica who came around the corner with a large yawn.

i couldnt help but smile at the fact she was wearing my shirt and boxers that was way too big on her. she was practically drowning in my clothes.

"morning" she mumbled back going over to make her own cup of coffee. once she got it she came over to me about to sit in the chair beside mine but i wrapped my arm around her waist and sat her in my lap.

"i see you've welcomed yourself to wear my clothes" i pointed out with a large smile.

"the price to pay for torturing me last night" she yawned again; bringing the coffee mug to her mouth and taking a large gulp.

"last night? that was nothing. we were merely going easy on you" i laugh half heartedly, messing with the end of my boxers she wore while looking at her side profile.

she side eyed me for a moment with her mouth still on the cup. "it didnt feel like nothing" she finally said and tilted her head back to press a gentle kiss to my lips that left me yearning for more. "it felt good though"

"oh i know" i smirked. she waved me off, still too tired to scold my teasing.

"the fact that you was seeing another girl act like that less than two weeks ago kind of makes me jealous but not at the same time" veronica said randomly. a small gasp came from my mouth as i looked at the side of her head.

"what?"

she sat up, sipping on her coffee as she gave me a long hard look. "the girl that you fucked in your office. do you fuck that many girls you cant even remember?"

"i-" small disbelieved chuckles slipped from my lips. "i have no idea what your talking about and why it was suddenly brought up but i promise your not just some girl im having my way with then is going to chuck to the side" i tried to reassure as best as i could. "i like you a lot, veronica"

she made a humming sound that i didnt know if it meant she believed me or not but she laid her head back on my shoulder so i assumed all was good... for now.

i still couldnt wrap my head around the fact that she brought that up. randomly. the girl i fucked in my office? how did she even know about that?

"how long have you been growing your hair? its so long" i asked while fiddling the long strands of black hair.

"since i was twelve. its not as long as it should be because it keeps growing uneven so i'd cut it" she explained, taking some of the long hair in her hands to look at it. "its irritating" veronica added while letting the hair slip from her fingers to pick her mug up.

"its perfect here anyway"

"i know" she laid her head back on my shoulder and for a moment we fell into a comfortable silence as she finished up her coffee.

veronica suddenly got up making me reach out to hold on for my shirt that she was wearing. "where are you going?"

"i know your thigh is numbing i was going to move us to the sofa. i want to watch want a movie too" she explained then chuckled a little. "so clingy"

i rolled my eyes at that and let her go."oh.." was all i said watching as she put her mug in the sink then we went over to the sofa.

we skimmed through Netflix for something to watch before clicking on something random.

"when do you think harley will wake up?" she questioned; her head on my lap but facing the tv.

i continued to run my finger through the side of her hair, loving the silky strands, as i answered her question,

"even on regular days she sleep in late so im not sure"

"do you yall do stuff like this all the time?" i glanced down at the side of her face in confusion.

"um no.."

"so why with me?"

"because we both like you. it wouldve been mean to make you choose, right? we talked about it with each other then you and here we are"

"well we barely talked about it with me" she shrugged

i hummed but didnt utter another word. i started thinking about her question myself.

"why.. why didnt you get shocked by the fact that i have a dick? you didnt really respond like anything"

veronica turned her head so that she'd look up at me and i looked down to her.

"i read a lot" a smile curled on her lips making me snicker. "and it doesnt matter. are you transgender or intersex?"

"what would you say if i said trans?" i questioned jokingly but really wanting to hear her answer.

"id like you the same. your a woman and im into women. what difference would it make" she said without a beat of hesitation making my heart nearly skip a beat with admiration.

"well im not but i like your response. im intersex"

"oh.. is your mom also intersex?"

"no but my aunt is" i say and run my fingers through her hair at the top making her eyes flinch hard. we both chuckled at that.

"where does she live?" veronica asked curiously.

"in iowa with her boyfriend"

that seemed to be the end of veronica's curious questions considering she turned back to the tv. our silence didnt last long when i heard my bedroom door shut and soon harley came into view looking a wreck.

"how long have you two been up?" she questioned with a raspy 0 voice. veronica sat up from my lap to get a look at her.

"woah you look like your the one who got fucked" she said in shock making me snicker.

harley looked at her with confusion then looked over to the coffee machine. "no one made me coffee?" she whined with a pout like a big baby.

"i know you like it cold so i put it in the refrigerator. milk is already in it and we've been awake since nine am"

"yeah its twelve pm. why do you sleep for so long?"

"dreams too good to escape" she replied sarcastically going to open the fridge. she pulled out her cup of coffee and gulped it down.

"come sit with us" veronica urged, sticking out her bottom lip in a pout. harley put her empty cup in the sink and came to sit.

"you look ugly by the way" i commented just to have a playful banter with my sister.

"oh yeah? i get it from your dad" she bit back.

"oh im so telling him that" i snickered. "remember the last time you called him ugly-"

"no! we dont talk about that!" she jumped over veronica onto me and started beating me with her hand making laughs escape me.

"okay okay stop!" i begged trying to move away from the hand smacking anywhere it could get. "veronica help!" i cried out finally.

suddenly harley was lifted up and i sat up with surprise to see veronica holding her with only one arm.

"what the hell" harley gasped looking flabbergasted.

"i work out" veronica shrugged putting harley down on her feet.

a few laughs was still falling from my lips as i reached up to fix my hair.

veronica began flexing her muscles for us to see making me stare with shock.

"damn..." harley whispered causing veronica to smirk with pride.