Chapter 18: Eva.

★VERONICA★

————

"this coffee is delicious. how did you find this place?" jed greedily sipped down his coffee with a smile.

"its just a few blocks from my place" i chuckled a little. "they do serve excellent things here"

he finished his coffee and wiped the left over wetness from his mouth. "i loved that. i need a refill"

"well our waitress is busy so..." i slowly drank from my own cup not being as fast as him.

usually when i come here with eva i rarely drink my coffee because id be more focused on my work on my computer but this time im with jed and dont want to be considered rude for not having my focus on him.

"thank you for deciding to hang out with me on your off day" he smiled.

"it was no problem, i need more friends besides the one i have" i rolled my eyes playfully.

"i wont deny that" he chuckled. "my roommates are just horrible i needed an escape" jed wiped his short hair away from his forehead and leaned forward on his hands.

i couldnt help but just look at him. taking note of the naturally thick long eyelashes that i was so jealous of, small thin lips that was rested in a smile at the moment.

he has a few pimples here, there. freckles too and his face was round but not chubby.

jed wasnt a bad looking guy. maybe he'd be good for eva? brandon isnt.

"stop starring at me, it makes me awkward" he laughed and it was indeed an awkward one.

i blinked and chuckled to myself, "sorry i was just thinking about my something. do you have a girlfriend?" i decided to ask.

his eyebrows shot up. "erm.. no?"

"why do you sound confused? its a simple question"

"ah sorry— no, i dont have a girlfriend. im single"

"i want you to meet my friend eva sometime. shes very nice" i grinned.

"oh- oh okay" he stammered and shyly rubbed the back of his neck. "id like that then"

i nod, proud and happy with myself for setting eva up.

"we should get going. lets take a walk to the park" i started gathering my things and pulling out cash but he beat me to it.

"no ill pay" jed put the money on top of the table.

"fine but im adding this for tip" i sat down the twenty dollars.

we stood up and pushed in our chairs, about to walk away when someone bumped into me.

"oh! sorry im so clumsy" the blonde haired woman laughed. "so sorry"

"its fine" i smiled.

"have a good evening" she waved and left out of the coffee shop first.

me and jed looked at each other then walked out after her.

★★★

"hey" harley greeted, slipping into my office.

i wasnt expecting her but either way im happy shes here. i got up from the chair behind my desk and adjusted my skirt, walking over to her barefooted since i kicked off my heels a few minutes ago.

harley is taller than me but only by one or two inches where as maven was taller by a couple id assume.

the height difference made me feel small but i liked it nonetheless.

"hi what are you doing here?" i smiled when she pulled me into her by my hips.

"well i ate you out yesterday" she started making me gasp. harley snickered at my reaction. "but i didnt ask you to be my girlfriend and i want you to be"

"of course id be your girlfriend. maven's too when she asks" i looked into her eyes. "but ill need a proper ask"

"anything for you" she leaned down and connected our lips.

the kiss started off as a soft, sweet one until she nibbled on my bottom lip and it grew more heated. i moan into her mouth, letting out a breathy sigh afterward.

"behave, im at work still" my eyes fluttered open as i whispered the words against her lips.

"the door locked though" harley tried to keep going but i pulled back again.

"no im at work" i patted her chest with a small laugh. "is that all you came for?" i turned around, walking back to my desk.

"your a tease" harley whined. i could hear her following me. i sat in my seat but had to move a little 'cause i sat on my hair.

"no way your talking" i looked at her with narrowed eyes.

harley was about to retort but there was a knock at the door then forceful turn of the knob.

she walked over to unlock it then pulled it open.

"oh hello sister" harley greeted sarcastically happy.

maven looked at her with suspicion. "why are you in here with the door locked?"

"i came to see my girlfriend"

my boss looked at her with shock then looked at me. i blushed under her stare suddenly remembering the night before yesterday and how we didnt get to do anything.

"you asked? i was just coming to do that" maven grumbled with irritation.

"well i beat you to it" she patted her shoulder. "im girlfriend number one now"

"fuck you" maven snatched her shoulder away.

i laughed at their antics making them look at me.

"whats funny?" harley asked, confused.

"you two are insufferable" i snickered. "there's no such thing as girlfriend number one and two. you'd both be my girlfriends equally. well thats when i get my proper ask"

"right yes im already thinking of ideas" harley looked at her watch, "but i have a meeting with my editor in ten so i have to go. bye babe" she quickly came over from the door and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"see you later" i whispered, watching her go then turned to maven who was still standing by the door.

"will you be my girlfriend too?" she suddenly asked.

Insufferable On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara