Chapter 28: Home.

★VERONICA★

————

"this movie actually sucks so bad" eva said with a laugh.

"its not that bad" i popped a popcorn in my mouth. "its not really funny, though"

we both looked at the tv as a character made a terribly bad joke that i cringed at.

"can we turn this off now?" eva asked.

"yes. it feels like torture" we laughed a little at that as she backed out of the movie. "how about lovebirds?"

"oh yes i love that!- hold on someones spam texting me" my eyebrows furrowed as i cut on my phone

jed
veronica
hey can you come over?
please
um 911?
v can you please come over as soon as you see these
hurry

my heart began racing as i seen the amount of texts he sent. shit i hope he isnt hurt.

i quickly responded that i was on my way and got up from the sofa.

"whats wrong?" eva asked with confusion.

"sorry to interrupt our little girls hang out but i think jed is in trouble"

"no its okay. go ahead i dont mind"

since i was wearing my black tights and a cozy sweater i didnt bother to change and just put on my slippers. i grabbed my car keys and exited my apartment.

God i hope he's okay..

★★★

my knuckles slammed against the door rapidly without stopping even as they began to ache i wouldnt stop until i got a response.

the lock clicked on the other end making me stop.

"what's wrong? you texted me 9-1-1?" i assessed jed for any damage but saw none besides the red puffy eyes. "what's wrong?"

"m-my m-mom died.." he choked out and began crying once more.

"oh no..." my heart broke for my dear friend as i stepped into his apartment; shutting the door behind me so that no one would see this.

i wrapped my arms around him as he collasped into me crying his heart out.

"its okay. i got you. shes in a better place now, it was time for her to go home" i whisper trying to soothe him.

"w-what about m-my home?! w-what about me? i want her home here!" jed spat with his speech wobbly due to his crying. the tears hadnt stopped completely staining my shirt.

"oh honey.. i know you feel that way now because you lost somebody close to you but—"

"please veronica! just shut up with the God shit. i dont care anymore just.. please" he whimpered holding on tight to me.