Chapter 8: Friend.

★VERONICA★

————

they were going at it. roughly.

louds moan filled the office space with much more quieter groans falling not too far behind.

at one point i think my boss...or the girl.. covered her mouth because they began coming out muffle. the desk was shaking making the handle bars dig into my back since i was leaning against it facing the wall.

i think im traumatized now. how will i ever get the sound of my boss groans out of my head? ears? the sound of heavy breathing, skin slapping, wet noises even fucking dirty talk!

its all planted in my head forever.

"im cumming" the girl breathed out harshly, a high pitched moan following behind.

"hold it" maven, my boss demanded.

no no dont hold it. fucking come already please!

sweat soaked through my gray shirt. i already knew my armpits were very wet. the air was just so.. musky and lust filled it was suffocating.

maybe i, myself was—

not the point! the point is i need to get out of here before i die!

a whimper sounded through the air making me bite my lip hoping she'd just come so i can leave already.

"on the count of..three..you can..cum" my boss grunted through her heavy breathing.

with each number the woman moans grew more louder, high pitched until maven finally demanded her to cum. the lady nearly screamed her lungs out but it was suddenly quieted by im assuming my bosses hand slapping over her mouth.

grunts escaped my boss mouth as she came too i assume. i breathed out a relief that they were finally done and slacked against the desk.

"round two?" the lady breathed out making my body painfully lock up with fear.

"you know im always down for plenty rounds but i have to work, love. maybe next time" maven turned down making me slouch in relief.

"aw okay" they started getting back dressed by the sounds of shuffling in the silent room. a kissing sound suddenly filled the space. "thank you i really needed this. walk me to the front desk?"

"anytime"

i heard the door open but not shut so i sat there for some more minutes just to ensure they were gone before shuffling to peak over the desk.

the office was empty though it still smelt of nothing but sex. i reached up to wipe away the sweat that built on my forehead and jumped to my feet.

i assure you— i will never step foot into this office by myself for longer than a minute. never.

"veronica? what are you doing in here?" the sound of my boss voice made my body go rigid. my head snapped to the door way seeing her stand there with her hands tucked into her pockets as if she wasnt fucking a woman for nearly a hour.

"um-" speechless. speechless is what i am. "file" i lifted it up. "i didnt get it before because i had to make a bathroom break and when i came here i saw the door was locked. i made the decision to come back later and just saw the door open so i did..." my voice trailed off into a awkward silence.

what else was i suppose to say? oh i actually came in here long time ago but got trapped because you started fucking a woman and i had to hear it.

maven looked at me with narrow eyes making my heart race. did she know i was lying?

suddenly, she smiled. "okay. its hot in here, isnt it? ask the maintenance to crank up the AC before you go to your office please" she came over to her desk and took a seat.

"will do" i wasted no time in leaving the office making sure to shut the door behind me softly even though all i wanted to do was slam it with every little bit of stength i had in my body.

"are you okay? you look like you've been through some shit" a random guy popped up in front of me causing me to jump.

"oh you dont know the half of it" i wanted to say but settled for: "im fine just a tough talk with the boss"

"understandable. im jed" he held out his hand to which i shook.

"veronica"

"nice. you new here?" we began walking together as i was going to the maintenance room. i dont know where he was going or if he was just following me so we could talk.

"sort of. ive been working here for a month"

"ah two years for me"

i looked back at him with surprise. "you look nineteen"

jed chuckled, "twenty four actually but thanks"

i hummed not having anything else to say and that seemed like enough talking for him also.

we stopped walking as i had made it to the maintenace room and turned to jed who looked a little shocked at my unexpected stop.

"oh! i have to get back to work too but heres my number. maybe we can become friends" he offered already taking out a pen and paper. "erm i have to keep this on me since i work over at the computers" he explained and wrote down the number.

"thank you. its really nice to make a friend after being here for so long" i breathed out, slipping the paper into my front pocket.

"i get the feeling. well see you sometime later, veronica"

"same to you" we waved and he was on his way back to his station.

i went into the maintenance room and let them know the bosd wanted the AC turned up then went to my own office feeling the events of earlier slowly slip my mind as i bury myself into work.

ah what a day.