Chapter 21: Please.

HARLEY

stepping into the place i hadnt been in for close to two months brought back memories.

my eyes shifted over to the seat me and my sister last sat in as i confronted her about liking veronica.

veronica who is our girlfriend now.

i smiled at the thought but it quickly turned into a frown.

i wanted to be there- with them.

tasting my pretty girl hole again but no.

instead im here meeting with the last person on earth i wanted to be around.

looking around the diner i tried to find the woman i was actually here for.

i started to get angry thinking that she stood me up even though shes the one who invited me here but as i almost gave up, i saw bright red locs.

i began walking down the isle to her. without a greeting i slipped into the seat in front of her.

"oh hi" she greeted with wide eyes, not expecting me.

"what do you want?" i asked, dismissing her greeting and just wanted to get straight to the point.

"you look.. wow" she looked down at my black tube top, matching black skirt and i had on a black cardigan.

i came here straight from my own company just wanting to get this over with so she could stop bugging me.

"i dont care what you think. what do you want?" the irritation i was feeling made me want to lash out and she'd be the closest person i could lash out at.

"im just saying you look beautiful" she forced a smile probably feeling awkward from my snappiness but it was well deserved.

my foot tapped rapidly against the floor beneath the table. i just stared at her wondering when she'd talk.

"... um i wanted to explain what happened that day"

"whats there to explain?" i asked harshly and leaned on the table.

"um.."

"im giving you a chance to explain, so explain" i snapped.

"im sorry for what i did" she whispered not even looking at me.

"oh you mean when you cheated on me?" i forced eye contact. her eyes were already building up with tears but i didnt believe they were real tears.

two years of dealing with her manipulation made me practically a pro at spotting out when she actually feels horrible and when she wants me to think she feels horrible.

even if my analyses is incorrect and she does feel bad, its too late for that. whats done is done.

she looked down in what I'd assume was supposed to be shame. "yeah.."

"then im wasting my time here" i laughed mirthlessly. "the situation explained itself that day"

"i just.. i didnt mean to"

"you didnt mean to sleep with my best friend?" i asked incredulously. i looked up at the ceiling as i tried not to laugh like a maniac. i looked back down. "you know, it probably would've hurt just a tiny bit less if it was her to initiate it? either way it was still wrong because you were in a committed relationship and she's old enough to know it was wrong but why would you still do what you did? to know you kissed her, you insisted on doing something even when she refused hurt. it hurt so much more than to know my best friend actually gave in. that day i lost the girl who i thought was the love of my life and my best friend since middle school"