Laurel's Will

Wednesday was afraid.

The way Tyler stood in front of her like there was no escape, the smirk on his face. He knew he got her where he wanted her. His dirty blonde hair hung over his eyebrows and the longer shagginess of it made him look 10 years older. Or maybe he just needed a shower.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Well, I'm here to say hello to you, of course. And finish our business that was cut short."

Wednesday took a step back and looked at her surroundings. She heard a twig snap but saw nothing.

"How do you plan on doing that? I kicked your ass once and I can do it again. Try me, Galpin."

He put his hands up and laughed. "That was with the help of your little friend, but from what I've heard she's been gone a long time now, and you..."

Tyler walked to Wednesday and put his finger under her chin. "You have a new girlfriend right? A very important vampire." He dragged his words out slowly.

"But she's off doing Desmod business right now. I may or may not have sent in a fake tip of another murder a few towns over" he added.

"How did you get into my room? Have you been responsible for the killings?"

"Let's just say I have a friend. Christie, come on out now."

A timid teenage vampire appeared from the trees and stood with her arms crossed. Wednesday noticed she had purple eyes, unlike anything she had ever seen before. She didn't look much like a killer.

"Her eyes..."

Tyler walked in circles around Wednesday. "She's not your ordinary vampire, now is she? You see when I was released from the psych ward I found out that in Laurel Gates' will, I was given all of her belongings. She had always been open with me about plants and their properties, and even genetically modified some of her own. It was my turn to experiment."

The information hit Wednesday and she was having trouble concentrating. Of course, it made sense that Laurel would give Tyler everything she owned. She had no living relatives.

"With one plant in particular I was able to modify it the way I wanted. Lots of trial and error, lots of deaths as a result."

"Get to the point Galpin."

He laughed and said, "I forgot you like to have things straightforward. I made my girlfriend Christie a vampire by changing the genes and properties of various plants. Laurel was a genius, she could've done so much with the world."

Christie held onto Tyler like a baby to a father and Wednesday could tell the poor girl had been manipulated the same way Tyler was with Laurel. No chance of persuading her to do good.

Christie spoke up and it dawned on Wednesday how young she was. She couldn't have been more than fourteen.

"I had a hard time controlling myself at first and that's why so many people have died but I didn't mean to do it out of malice. I had to train myself" she said.

"She was a lot to handle but I had to keep reminding her there was only one goal in mind. Kill Wednesday."

Wednesday kept backing up until she hit a tree and she prayed to her ancestors for any help they could send. She wanted to have Billie with her, she couldn't do this alone.

"Go on Christie. Have at it."

Christie jumped at Wednesday and pinned her between her arms. Wednesday's reflexes kicked in and she thrust her leg up and bashed her knee against the vampire's crotch, who cried out in pain and crumpled up.