CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

𐙚⊹₊⋆☆

   The girl woke up at 12:05

   The girl woke up at 12:05. Unfortunately, she has to be at work today. She forcefully rolled out of her warm bed that was calling her name right now, and walked to the bathroom. Her shift starts at three o'clock, meaning she must be out of her apartment at 2:40 pm at the latest, so she can be there at least five minutes early.

   She brushed her teeth and got dressed. She put on a white T-shirt, a grey hoodie and black jeans. She put on some light make-up, just in case some pretty boys came. She put on sneakers and a North Face puffer jacket.

   She walked there. She hated driving with a burning passion, and she didn't feel safe on public transport after something unfortunate happened to a good friend of hers. When she came, she put on an apron. She walked over to the bar and started cleaning it up, wiping up all the grime the previous employee, Sophia, left.

   Today, she's working alone since it's a Sunday and they aren't busy at all on the weekend. It's a small café near McGill University, the school the girl began attending this school year. Sure, they are quite full every once in a while, but that's only during school days, when there's tons of students.

   Two boys came in and sat down by the big window that overlooked the usually busy street. They were no older than twenty, maybe twenty-five. The barista walked over to them and took their order.

   "Hello, have you chosen what you want to order?" She asked, and took out the notepad and glittery unicorn pen which she got as a gift from her little sister, from a pocket on her apron, and looked at the two. Now, let's not lie, she was checking them out.

   "Yes, can I get a vanilla hot chocolate?" One man asked. She nodded and wrote it down.

   "What size?"

  "A large, please," He answered. "What do you want, Juraj?"

   "Uhh, do you have tea?" The brunette asked.

   "Yes, we do do. It's on the bottom of the second page." She bent down and turned it to the right page for him.

   "Mhm, then I'd like an iced tea." He read his options and chose.

   The girl chuckled, "Iced tea in winter?"

   "I mean, I'm already hot enough without drinking hot tea." He joked.

   "Yeah, you are," She quietly muttered under her breath, hoping he wouldn't hear her. He was pretty cute. He had moderately long brown hair and big brown puppy eyes. God, his eyes, "I'll bring it to you in a moment."

   "Dude, go for it!" The blonde was hyping up the brunette just loud enough for the barista to hear them from the counter, where she was making their drinks.