CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

𐙚⊹₊⋆

   The end of August came fast. Way faster than the couple would've liked. Before they knew it, they were back in Montréal in their shared apartment. Juraj was starting to train again, not that he didn't train while at home, but now it was really ramping up. Emília continued studying, but this semester, she was going to try online school.

   It really seemed that life was finally settling down. They were content with how everything was at last.

   "Hi, baby." Emília wrapped her arms around Juraj and gave him a tiny peck on the lips as he entered through the door of their apartment, not even letting him place his bags down.

   "Hi, love," He dropped the bags in his hands and put his arms around her waist, "I finally went shopping. We can cook something if you'd like."

   Her eyes lit up, remembering the promise he said a few months ago, and that it was now being fulfilled, "Yes, yes, yes!" She squealed.

   He took the bags to the kitchen, where he laid all of the ingredients on the spacious island. When she walked in, she gasped, staring at the island, "Why did you buy so much? How much did this cost?"

   "Because we have nothing, and don't worry about it. I have enough money." He put his arms on her shoulders, rubbing circles on her collarbones with his thumbs to calm her down.

   "Okay, fine," She took a deep breath, allowing her shoulders to drop, "How does pizza sound?"

   "Really good. You can make pizza from scratch?" He asked, trailing his hands down her arms to hold her fingers.

   "Obviously not," She chuckled, "We have phones, we have the internet, we're good." She said, taking out her phone as she searched up a recipe.

   She set her phone on the counter as she began to read out the ingredients and instructions, preparing everything they needed.

   "Okay, next we have to put flour," She grabbed the bag and eyeballed the amount that was supposed to go in, "Does that look like enough?" She twisted her neck go face Juraj.

   He peeked over the girl's shoulder, dipping a finger in the flour and poking her nose, leaving a white mark on it. She grinned, planning something evil behind her bright blue yes, "You're so on, babe."

   She reached her whole hand in the bag and rubbed it all over his face and clothes, "You look like you just snorted hard drugs." She hysterically laughed.

   Juraj also grabbed a fistfull of the white powder and threw it on the girl in front of him.

   By the time they were done with their little food fight they were laying on the couch, clutching their stomachs from laughing so hard. Then, the doorbell rung. Both of them looked at each other, wondering who should open it.