CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

𐙚⊹₊⋆☆

   Thankfully, Emília doesn't have class on Mondays

   Thankfully, Emília doesn't have class on Mondays. However, she usually has the opening shift. Usually, because sometimes the manager, Miranda, opens, and she comes in later. That didn't happen today.

   The cafè opens at seven am, for all the students that come before class that starts at eight. She turned everything on and cleaned a bit before the morning rush of people came. She put out all of the menus, wiped tables, and counted some of her hours. She gets paid sixteen dollars an hour, which is enough to get her by. The first people came, and she served them.

   Her cousin, Emma, usually facetimed her Monday morning, even though it was around one am for her at that time. The two were able to talk for hours. However, their busy lives limited how much time they could spend together.

   "A samozrejme, som bola trošku annoyed, like ja mám byť lepšie ako ty v those disciplínach, nie?" The younger girl ranted about how she won silver at nationals back in Slovakia. Millie thought it was stupid. Winning silver is still amazing.

   "A by the way, čo s tým tvojím lover boy. How'd he end up?" Millie pestered her cousin about her boyfriend. Well, he's not really her boyfriend, but he definitely will. Emma tried to deny it, but the older never bought it, "I've seen ako naň kukáš. You love him."

   "Yeah, milujem ho. I'm not denying it, but on mňa nie, so it won't work." She slightly frowned.

   "Oh, bullshit! He looks more in love than you!" Emma shook her head, disagreeing. However, Millie stood her ground.

   "No way."

   "Yes."

   "No."

   "Yes!"

   "No."

   "No."

   "Ye- Fuck! Fine, vyhrala si," Emma admitted defeat, making her cousin smile, "Ale, like, how does one ask out a man?"

   "Hey!" A familiar face came through the door and greeted Emília. Her face reddened slightly, and she formed a smile. A smirk made its way onto the youngers face.

   "Ooh, Millie has a boyfriend!" She yelled. Juraj turned his head and chuckled.

   "Prijebem ti, Emma." She cursed at her and put the phone behind the counter.