❤️﹒‹𝟥﹒ ⟡﹒𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

Two more months had passed, and Theodore had proven himself to be a diligent and capable assistant detective, especially in handling the Anais Garcia case

Two more months had passed, and Theodore had proven himself to be a diligent and capable assistant detective, especially in handling the Anais Garcia case. His work with Darrel Wilson and the rebel group known as The Rats had begun, and he was eager to understand the dynamics of this underground organization. Josie, always by his side, observed his progress with a smile, proud of how far he had come. Deep down, she couldn't deny the feelings that had grown within her during their time together. In just a single day, she had fallen deeply in love with Theodore.

As Theodore and Josie took a break, they noticed a worker turning on the TV to catch up on the news. The screen displayed a new report about Darrel Wilson, catching their attention. Theodore and Lei, who had joined them, sighed in response, knowing that the increase in crimes was bound to create more challenges. Theodore turned to Lei, seeking guidance on how to handle Darrel's group.

Lei nodded knowingly. "I happen to know the name of the rebel group you're dealing with. They call themselves The Rats."

Theodore's eyes lit up with curiosity, and a smile tugged at his lips. "The Rats... I'll have to find out more about them."

Lei proceeded to assign Theodore two tasks for the following day: to discover the location of The Rats' hideout and to inquire with Haruko about any new leads on the G-Corporation's mind control device. Theodore acknowledged the assignments, and with the evening approaching, Lei dismissed him. Theodore thanked Lei and called Josie to join him, bidding Lei goodbye.

Theodore and Josie walked side by side, their footsteps falling in sync. Josie couldn't help but ask about Theodore's tasks for the next day. He explained his mission to uncover The Rats' hideout and seek information from Haruko regarding the mind control device. Josie nodded in understanding, supportive of his endeavors. Theodore then asked if she wanted to dine out or stay home for the evening. Josie suggested going to Marshall China, a well-known restaurant nearby. Theodore agreed, offering to treat her to a meal.

As they entered Marshall China, their evening took an unexpected turn. A scene of a holdup unfolded before their eyes. A man with dark skin and black hair, Darrel Wilson, stood in charge as The Rats attempted to rob money from Marshall Law and Forest Law. The chefs and workers pleaded for the ordeal to stop, but Darrel mocked them. Once the money was stolen, the group made their escape. However, Darrel's gaze fell upon Theodore's badge from Lei's station, and surprise crossed his face.

Darrel cursed at Theodore, recognizing him as a detective. Theodore clarified that he was just a detective who had uncovered their actions. Darrel, filled with anger, ordered his members to hold Josie captive against the wall. Worry filled Theodore's heart as he engaged in a fierce exchange of punches with Darrel.

"You think you can stop us, Detective?" Darrel taunted, throwing a punch at Theodore.

Theodore deflected the blow and countered with a swift kick. "I won't let your criminal acts continue!"

As the fight continued, Theodore's determination and skill were put to the test. He dodged Darrel's attacks with nimble movements, retaliating with powerful strikes of his own. Josie watched with bated breath, her heart pounding in her chest as she saw the man she loved fighting for justice and her safety.

Darrel's frustration grew as Theodore's resilience proved to be a formidable challenge. He lunged at Theodore, but Theodore swiftly sidestepped, causing Darrel to stumble. Seizing the opportunity, Theodore delivered a strong blow to Darrel's side, momentarily incapacitating him.

"Give it up, Darrel," Theodore urged, catching his breath. "Your criminal actions end here."

Darrel glared at Theodore, his pride wounded. "This isn't over, Detective! The Rats will rise again!"

As Darrel's gang members began to retreat, Theodore rushed to Josie's side, making sure she was safe. She smiled with relief, knowing she could always count on him to protect her.

"Are you okay, Josie?" Theodore asked, concern etched on his face.

Josie nodded, touched by his care. "I'm fine, thanks to you."

Theodore's gaze softened as he cupped her cheek. "I won't let anyone harm you, Josie. I promise."

With the situation under control, Theodore and Josie returned to the Law's restaurant. Inside, Marshall Law looked at Theodore with gratitude.

"Thank you for trying to stop that bandit," Marshall Law said with sincerity. "You're a hero in my book."

Theodore humbly shook his head. "I was just doing my duty. I'm glad everyone is safe."

Marshall Law instructed his son, Forest Law, to bring ice packs and cook a free meal for Theodore and Josie. As they enjoyed their meal, Josie felt her heart swell with admiration for the man sitting across from her. He was not only a skilled detective but also a kind and caring soul who fought for justice.

After the eventful evening, Theodore and Josie made their way back home, walking hand in hand. Josie mustered the courage to confess her feelings to Theodore, revealing how she had fallen for him over time and cherished their moments together. Theodore paused, taking in her heartfelt words, and a smile spread across his face. He held Josie's hand and pulled her into an embrace, reciprocating her feelings.

The tears welled up in Josie's eyes as Theodore leaned in for a kiss. With closed eyes, a single tear escaped Josie's lashes. When their lips finally parted, Theodore spoke softly, declaring Josie as his girlfriend. Overwhelmed with joy, Josie clung to Theodore, embracing him with all her love.

Hand in hand, Theodore and Josie continued their walk, heading back to their shared home. The mysteries that had once consumed Theodore's thoughts now took a backseat to the love and understanding they had found in each other. As they entered this new chapter of their lives, they faced the challenges and uncertainties together, knowing that their love would guide them through whatever trials lay ahead.