✦﹕❤️💚💜﹒ ↷﹒𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖

The Yggdrasil Base was buzzing with activity as the day before the trial had arrived

The Yggdrasil Base was buzzing with activity as the day before the trial had arrived. Theodore and Josie had come to pay a visit to their friends, and they were warmly greeted by Julia and Alexander.

"Hey, where's Oliver?" Theodore asked, looking around.

Julia smiled, "He's out with Asuka. They're having a date today in the same carnival where Xiaoyu and Jin dated a few weeks ago."

Alexander chimed in, teasingly, "Those two are practically inseparable these days. Every chance they get, they head out for some romantic time together. I owe Katarina for being a nice mother."

Josie found the whole situation amusing. "Well, it seems like Oliver has really fallen for Asuka, how lucky."

Theodore smirked, agreeing with Josie's observation. "He has indeed. It's great to see him so happy. Oliver is indeed just an actor who can easily adapt to things, yet for love? It's indeed a perfect role for him."

Just then, Derrick and Lili approached the group, having overheard the conversation. Lili seemed surprised by the updates, but she giggled at the thought of Oliver and Asuka being a couple.

Derrick joined in the laughter. "Oliver has come a long way from his past fears, such as the time Claudio had to save him from the exorcism. It's good to see him thriving now."

Julia added, "And Asuka is quite the match for him. They make a great pair. I'm glad that we're all pleased."

Lili nodded, "Indeed. Asuka and I will always be rivals, but I'm glad she found someone like Oliver."

Lars and Ayako joined the group as well, and the topic naturally shifted to Haruko and Satoko, and their respective relationships with Claudio and Hwoarang.

Claudio's name brought a smile to Lili's face. "Claudio is such a perfect match for Haruko. I've seen how he's helped her become more confident and assertive. I even sometimes watched Haruko trying to adapt and mimic Claudio, and it was quite dynamic."

Lars agreed, "Hwoarang and Satoko are quite the pair too. They share a mischievous spirit, and it seems to bring out the best in each other. I even helped them yesterday before Lei arrested them for vandalizing the Mishima Zaibatsu building."

Lili smirked playfully, "Looks like all of us are settling down with our perfect partners. Derrick for me? I'm pleased to be with him, as my friend, of course!"

While the group were talking, Claudio laughed as he and Haruko had eavesdropped on the topic. Everyone looked at the two as Haruko chuckled. "Talking about dates? I believe Lili is right for me to copy Sir Claudio."

Claudio wrapped an arm around Haruko's shoulders, "I couldn't be happier with my perfect partner right here. Asides, you got your own anyway."

Haruko blushed but smiled, leaning into Claudio's embrace. Ayako and Lars believed that Claudio and Haruko are better as a couple as Haruko chuckled.

As the conversation continued, teasing and laughter filled the room, creating an atmosphere of warmth and camaraderie. The team had been through so much together, and these moments of lightheartedness were cherished, knowing that the trial ahead would be challenging.

Meanwhile, outside the Yggdrasil Base, Oliver and Asuka were having their own private date. They decided to visit a Japanese carnival, enjoying the colorful rides and lively atmosphere.

Asuka couldn't help but laugh as she and Oliver found themselves intervening in a group fight between punks. "Why do we always end up in these situations?" she said with a playful grin.

Oliver chuckled, "Well, it wouldn't be a date with you if there wasn't some action involved, asides you're a vigilante, right? Why not train me."

After diffusing the fight, Asuka and Oliver found a quiet spot to watch the sunset. As the sky turned shades of pink and orange, Oliver found himself mesmerized by Asuka's presence. He took a deep breath, gathering his courage.

"Asuka," he began, his heart racing. "There's something I've been wanting to tell you."

Asuka looked at him, her eyes filled with curiosity. "What is it?"

Oliver took a moment to compose himself before speaking, "I... I really like you. I've liked you for a long time now, and I just wanted you to know."

Asuka blushed, her heart skipping a beat. "Oh, Oliver," she said softly, touched by his honesty. "I like you too. I have for a while now."

Oliver's face broke into a relieved smile. "Really?"

Asuka nodded, her cheeks still pink. "Yes, really."

Oliver couldn't contain his joy, and before he knew it, he leaned in and kissed Asuka gently. The moment was made even more magical as fireworks suddenly burst in the sky, creating a dazzling display of colors.

As the fireworks continued to light up the sky, Asuka and Oliver held each other close, savoring the newfound warmth in their hearts.

The next day, as the trial approached, the Yggdrasil Base was filled with anticipation and nerves. The team gathered one last time for a final briefing from Haruko and Theodore. They went over their strategy once more, ensuring that every detail was ironed out.

Theodore looked at his friends, feeling a mix of pride and gratitude. "Tomorrow is the day we've been working towards," he said, his voice steady. "We've come a long way, and I believe in each and every one of you. Together, we will bring Xavier to justice."

The room filled with determination as the team cheered in agreement. They had faced many challenges together, but this was their most important mission yet.

As the day turned into night, everyone found it hard to sleep, their minds racing with thoughts of the trial. But they took comfort in the knowledge that they were not alone—that they had each other to rely on.

The eve of the trial was a moment of unity and strength. The team had come together, bound by their shared purpose and trust in one another. Tomorrow would be the day they stood up against the darkness and fought for justice.

With their hearts full of courage and the support of their friends, they knew they were ready to face whatever challenges awaited them. They were a team, a family, and they would face the trial together, stronger than ever before.