Chapter 5: Breathless

Appreciate the moment of a first kiss;
it may be the last time you own your heart.
------ Robert M Drake

SAND

Sipping coffee browsing through the pictures already available online of the Ball. Saving some of my own but mostly Ayan's that I had automatically downloaded. He's just too good looking for his own good.

Dialing the number of said good looking boy while glancing at the clock in my living room. It's 10am. He should be up, right? But the phone just kept on ringing.

It was on my third call that a sleepy voice picked up but I got confused because the voice wasn't Ayan's.

"Hello? Hello who's this? Please say something if you're going to wake someone who had a very late night," the almost disgruntled voice said.

"Is this Ayan's phone?" I finally muttered.

"Ayan?" There was a pause and then, "oh shiitt! I thought this was my phone. Sorry man, yes this is Ayan's. I picked up his phone thinking it was mine, hold on," the man on the other side said.

My mind was racing at an alarming speed, thinking about all the possible worst scenarios and debating whether I should just drop the call. I could hear the man on the other side, "Aye! aye! wake up!"

"Hmmm Wat leave me alone. I want to sleep. Go disturb Khan and Thua," A raspy voiced Ayan replied.

The man on the phone is the tall guy from the bar.

"Aye! Someone is on the phone for you. It's not a saved number. I thought it was my phone that kept on ringing, so I picked it up. Ayan!!! If this is your boyfriend you have a lot of explaining to do why a strange man picked up the phone!" Wat exclaims and I almost laughed at that.

Grumpily Ayan had taken the phone and said "Hello? Who's this?"

"Ayan, it's Sand," I replied.

The pause was too obvious to be ignored but I waited patiently knowing he must still be half asleep.

"Sand?" He finally said. "Why are you calling me so early?"

"It's 10am Ayan. Didn't I say we'll see each other today?" I cheerfully told him.

"Why?" He asked in wonder. His voice sounded still husky and admittedly very sexy.

Before I could answer I heard a muffled exclamation, "Aye please take your phone call outside of the room or in the bathroom, I want to go back to sleep."

There was a brief silence, all I could hear was the sound of footsteps. I assumed it's Ayan moving outside.

"Hello? Sorry about that, are you still there?" Ayan said.

"Yeah I am and to answer your previous question, it's because you agreed to go out with me, remember?" I told him.

Groaning with annoyance Ayan retorted, "right. Where do you want to go?"

"Send me your address. I'll pick you up in an hour," I told him.

"I'm just in the hotel, the venue last night. I'm in the suite room," Ayan said.

"Okay. I'll be there in an hour, bye Ayan," and I ended the call.

Wanting to ask Ayan why he was in a suite room with his friend, Wat but maybe it's not just them since Ayan did say to go disturb the couple.

Dressed in my usual casual clothes– black band shirt, ripped jeans and converse. I slung my jacket on my shoulders as I made my way down.

When I got signed, the first thing I bought was a new motorcycle. My mom had complained why I didn't just get a car. Jokingly telling her my Ducati was far more precious than any car, but right now thinking of Ayan, I wonder if I should have gotten that four wheel like my mom suggested.