Chapter 17: What A Plot Twist You Were

SAND

SAND

I've shut myself inside my music room since I told Aye to leave. My innate nature tells me to fold because I don't like causing Ayan pain. I hate seeing him in tears and walking away from him sobbing in the balcony almost killed me but I needed to do this. We both need to reevaluate what we expect from each other and where we messed up. If I let him off easy, I'm just setting up our relationship to failure. Ayan needs to learn how to communicate properly. He has to know how much it hurt to be left in the dark for the last 6 months when we could have had proper conversations about it. He didn't even think it was right to at least tell me he was going to go see his ex boyfriend. The only consolation for me is that he at least had the presence of mind to not go there alone. He also has to learn that we have to trust each other. If a single hugging picture caused Ayan to blow up, what happens when I'm on tour and a compromising picture gets taken without knowing the context behind it?

Glancing at the wall clock, it's already 2am. I have rehearsals tomorrow so I better get some rest. Wanting to check if the doors had been locked, I was surprised to see Ayan on the couch, hunched over and asleep. Didn't I tell him to leave? I Approached him, wanting to wake him up but then I stopped myself. It's not safe for Aye to be driving home at this hour by himself. Damn it, why do I still feel concerned at all. I was going to go to my room but my eyes kept looking at Aye's hunched position on the couch. With a deep sigh, I went to him and slowly picked him up trying not to wake him.

Ayan snuggled deeper into my arms as if instinctively knowing I was the one holding him. He huskily whispered my name.. I gently placed him on my bed and covered him with my blanket. God I missed Ayan so much. Having him this near is doing things to me but I have to remember what I needed to do. So instead of getting inside the comforts of my blanket, I slept on top trying my best not to touch Ayan who was peacefully sleeping. Leaving early before Ayan woke up, glad to see Nick had already come home. After briefly telling him breakfast for him and Ayan is ready, I went to rehearsals. My concert is in a few days. I needed to focus on that.

After rehearsals, Beth and the band roped me into a barbecue dinner, so I had a few drinks in me when I came home. The lights were off and I laid down in bed right away feeling exhausted. Surprised to find something warm beside me, I looked to find Ayan sleeping in nothing but my boxers and tank top. He hadn't gone home yet? Damn it. I could only resist Ayan so much. Him being all warm and soft like this is definitely making it harder.

I was awoken by a soft cursing and I heard Ayan scrambling to his feet. Briefly glancing at my bedside clock, 2:30am.

"Where are you going?" I huskily asked Ayan who was putting on his pants.

"I'm sorry, Sand. I just wanted to wait for you to come home, I didn't intend to sleep... please sleep comfortably, I'll go home. It's the second night I've stolen your bed," Ayan said softly as he moved around trying to find his things in the dark.

"Ayan it's dawn. Just go home in the morning," I said in an exasperated tone. Knowing full well I won't be able to go back to sleep if Ayan leaves because I'll be worrying if he arrived home safely.