Chapter 15: Anger is a Bad Adviser

SAND

SAND

I was sprawled on the couch in the apartment I shared with Nick, just channel surfing when I heard Boston say to Nick in the kitchen.

"Hey Nick, should we call Khan and Thua and ask them out?"

"Don't you read the group chat? Khan is in Phuket with Wat and Aye, to visit their friend... I think Khan said "Akk?" Nick said as he prepared brunch for them and I immediately went to the kitchen.

"Did you say Ayan went to Phuket with Khan and Wat?" I asked Nick urgently.

"Ummm yeah? Why?" Nick looked at me confused with the sudden interest.

"Akk is Aye's ex boyfriend," I said murmuring, feeling deflated immediately.

"Oh? Oh!" Nick exclaimed, confused looking at Boston in horror as if asking for help but Ton just shrugged.

Turning around, I went straight to my room crashing into the bed burying my head in the pillow. After 6 months, is Aye finally deciding now? Does this mean he chose Akk? The last 6 months have left me both confused and pained. Confused how Aye hadn't seemed to have made a proper decision. He was just ignoring the whole situation. From what I could gather from Khan and Wat, Akk eventually went back to Phuket because Aye had told him he wasn't ready to face him. But he also hadn't made a move to communicate with me. It was like he pushed all of us aside because he couldn't choose. Even when I was baffled by Aye's decision, I tried to understand that each one of us has a different way of processing things and reminded myself that even if we got back together, we'd still suffer if he doesn't resolve his lingering feelings towards Akk. Now 6 months later, he has finally made a move but it's towards Phuket, not towards me.

My first major concert is set to happen next week, so I have been pretty busy with preparations and rehearsals, on top of brand endorsements, photoshoots and tv appearances. Today was the only free day I had for a while and it seemed I won't be doing anything else but moping. But then my phone rang and it was Vi. Violet is also a famous singer signed in our company. She started a year before I did and her career is at its peak. We became great friends when we would have a schedule in the record studio one after the other and out of curiosity we listened to each other's music. She asked if I wanted to grab coffee because she's bored and since I was feeling down, I thought I could use a friend to talk to.

It's always easy to talk to Vi, we can definitely relate to each other. Coming from ordinary backgrounds, with only music and our dreams pushing us through. So I wasn't hesitant at all to open up to her about my heart problems, leaving the identity of my lover off the conversation.

"Sand, you're jumping into conclusions that's only bound to hurt no one else but yourself. If he didn't choose him six months ago, why would he choose him now? You said he had been in love with him for over a decade but the way he acted does not seem like he still does. Trust me if someone I loved and waited for all this time comes to me, no matter how much hate I get I'll definitely go to him," Vi said smiling at me like I should have thought of that.