Chapter 6: Into The Night

SAND

SAND

"Who else lives with you here?" I asked Ayan curiously as he turned on the lights of the large dark house.

"Just me," Ayan answered.

"You live alone in a house this big?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. I dismissed the household staff after my mother's death," Ayan simply said. Shrugging off my jacket and hanging it in the coat rack by the entrance. "You want something to drink?" He called from the open kitchen and I smiled saying water will be fine.

Observing the house's interior as I walked to sit in the kitchen counter where Ayan had placed a glass of water.

"Your house is nice," I commented, while sipping from the glass.

"Yeah? It's been like this for years. I couldn't let it go since I grew up here and it's filled with my Mae's memories," Ayan disclosed.

"Isn't it lonely for you being alone here?" I asked him gently.

"It is but this is the closest I can be to my mom. I've seen here only a few short periods of time the last five years I was in Boston. Those were the times she could take some time off and spend it with me. I was afraid to come home and I regret all the years I wasted in fear, when I could have been with my mom," Ayan softly murmurs, his eyes watering and his lips trembling with the emotions he was trying to hold in.

"Aye... come here," I called him over when he looked lost in his childhood memories and remembering his mother with the deep regret he carries in his heart.

He walked over to me woodenly and I held him in my arms gently, wanting to comfort him. He stiffened momentarily but had melted into my arms burrowing himself in the warmth of my embrace. Our height difference is perfect so that his head falls under my chin when we hug. Slowly massaging his back to comfort him. "You must have been so lonely being by yourself here," I kissed his head.

Sniffing he said, "I liked it better than having other people here watch me with pity as I grieved."

"Well from now on, if you get lonely, you can always call me over, Aye. I'll come running," I told him reassuringly.

"You will?" He asked, looking up and searching my eyes for the sincerity I know he'll find there.

Nodding simply as I held him tighter. Standing on his tiptoes, he dropped a peck on my lips in gratitude. Smiling, I pulled him in for a proper kiss before deepening it. It's so good to have a pliant, responsive Ayan in my arms. Defenses down and cheeks burning, body smoldering up with desire. He raised his arms, wrapping them around my neck as he drew me closer and I tangled one hand into his silky, soft hair while the other curled in his narrow waist, as I pulled him closer to me.

At first, it was a comforting kiss, meant to console Ayan who was feeling lonely and missing his mom. But as the moment lingered, something changed. Emotions stirred, and what started as a comforting gesture became an intense encounter, our desire and longing took over, turning solace into blazing passion.