Chapter 18: Torn To Do What I Have To

SAND

SAND

The company after party was in full swing when I arrived. Opting to ride with Nick, Boston, P'Yo & Plug who had excitedly chatted about the concert.

After expressing his initial shock, P'Yo commented that by Aye's looks he always thought he was a rich boy, just didn't realize he was THAT rich boy. Speaking of, I've tried to find Aye but hadn't seen him yet.

"If you're looking for Aye, he rode with Khan and their friends. They said something about grabbing a take out since they were hungry," Nick commented.

"I wasn't!" I felt flustered having been caught.

"Yeah sure," Boston's signature sarcastic smirk made its appearance.

"Are you getting back together?" Nick asked, as we went inside the high end bar that the company had rented exclusively for the after party.

"I'd love it if you minded your own business, Nick. Ton get your boyfriend over there with P'Yo and Plug. Eat and drink, because I have to do a round of greeting first. Obligation!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Sannnnnd!!!" A giddy Violet launched herself to give me a hug.

"Ummmpp!!! What have you been eating lately Vi!" I teased, putting her back on her feet gently.

"That's rude!" She swatted my arm. I introduced her to everyone, who were starstruck but Vi doesn't even seem to notice. She had wanted to come earlier but she had a photoshoot that couldn't be rescheduled.

"Congratulations!" She got out a box of the chocolates I always have with me in the studio.

"Thanks Vi!" I briefly hugged her. Only this time when I looked up my eyes met Ayan's. I almost froze with the coldest eyes as he stared at the way Vi and I are standing together before turning his back and greeting some of the party goers.

As the party progressed, both Ayan and I hadn't found ourselves together because we've both been forced to move around to greet the guest. By the time, he was done, Ayan is leaning on Wat's shoulder looking exhausted.

I was startled when Vi suddenly spoke up beside me, "hmmm... is that your love rival? He looks good. I mean from a lesbian's point of view at least."

Laughing lightly, "ahhh... no. They're just friends and yes, Wat is good looking. So are the rest of his friends." I gestured to Khan who was animatedly telling stories to a tolerant Wat who had patted Ayan's back affectionately and Thua, who is smiling adoringly.

Just then the host of tonight's party and one of the famous emcees in the company, Leo spoke up on stage again.

"How is everyone enjoying the party? Yeah? Well a little bird whispered in my ear that something is going to make our night even better. Do you want that?"

A resounding yes could be heard in the venue.

"Alright then! Let's call for our handsome CEO Ayan and request him to sing for us!"