Chapter 21: You & Me Against the World

SAND

The first leg of my tour started 6 months ago. The hardest part was leaving Aye and missing him terribly every night, it had been a battle with my self to fall asleep. Only managing to do so after Aye turns on face time and we'd watch each other until one of us falls asleep. Otherwise, I was living my dreams finally. Every night the concert venues are packed and sold out, my music being played on different radio stations, in different ASIAN countries by inter fans. This was the reason I wanted to be a musician, to write and play songs that people would love to listen and relate to.

I was able to come home for a week after the third month and Aye and I had spent all the time together, barely stepping out of the house at all. In between he had also visited me twice for a few days, in the guise of checking his most bankable artist. We had to start being more cautious now because the number of fans and paparazzi following me around had increased. Not that I minded revealing our relationship but because Ayan is the CEO of the company, I respected his desire not to have me involved in a scandal and he doesn't want to have his private affairs become public knowledge.

Now six months later, I was very excited to finally see Aye after almost two months that I immediately went to his house. Ayan was so surprised to see me in bed when he arrived, that he jumped in immediately, waking me up with his hugs and kisses around almost midnight. Apologizing for being late profeously,  explaining he had to attend a dinner with some business partners. The taste of whiskey in his kisses only ignited the fire further and we spent the night trying to show each other just how much we have missed the other.

The day after, we spent time in the back garden, just relaxing by the pool, swimming and cuddling. I'm basically just living with Aye now and he had never complained even once. Being just together like this, is enough for both Ayan and I. We are actually very similar when it comes to our idea of a relationship. Preferring the calm and familiar feelings of togetherness. We just both want to comfortably and peacefully love each other. We don't need anything grand, we don't like showing off either. We just like being together and an occasional quiet dinner out is all the break from our otherwise usual idea of spending time together - playing the guitar, writing songs, reading books, chatting and making food at home. We are both contented to stay together at home, being domestic and acting like old married couple. 

Unlike my relationship with Boeing- who always liked excitement, overt romantic gestures and explosive sexual encounters, my life with Ayan is everything I've dreamed of. Full of trust, peace, comfort and reassurance. Ayan just simply feels like home, my own safe harbor and the simplicity of our happiness together is a very nice contrast to the glitz and glamor of the rockstar lifestyle I am forced to pretend to like sometimes.

Our tranquility was inevitably broken the next day, as pictures of Aye and I in an intimate embrace and kissing each other were posted online. Overnight, the pictures had gathered insane number of shares, the comment sections blown up in a mixture of support and bashing. Someone had invaded our privacy because the photos were taken while we were in the back garden and pool. I must have been careless when I was so excited to come home the other day and not noticed that some crazy fan or paparazzi had followed me home.