Chapter 7: Tangled

"We're a masterpiece

"We're a masterpiece. And I don't care what you think right now. We're going to be together forever and I know that, but you still need to find that out. You know where I'll be."
--- Cory Matthews, Boy Meets World
____________________________________

SAND

Arriving together in YOLO, Plug had eyed me knowingly as Ayan walked directly towards the stage to make preparations. Shrugging in my usual non committal manner. For a Monday, there's still a bit of a crowd. I was content enough to nurse a bottle of beer as I watched and listened to Ayan. It was a little pass halfway through Ayan's set when Nick arrived. He beelined directly to me and gave me his usual affectionate hug.

"Sansan, where were you last night huh?" He queried still standing close to me, his eyes sparkling with that knowing expression. He greeted Plug briefly before turning his full attention to me.

"Out, I went home though but you were already gone," I told him as I pushed him down to the chair beside me, aware the situation might look suspicious to Ayan. Everyone who was not aware of Nick and I's relationship often mistakes us for a couple because Nick is naturally clingy.

"Out? Or inside somebody?" Smiling broadly as he thanked Plug for handing him his usual vodka martini.

"Spill bestie!" He clicked his glass with my beer bottle.

"None of your business Nick. What are you doing here on a Monday?" I queried good naturedly.

"Ton wanted to meet here tonight and it's been too long since I visited you here on a weekday," he replied casually looking around. His eyes landing on Ayan singing a love song, eyes closed, the stage light forming a halo around him making him look ethereal.

"Maybe I should have. What a lovely addition," Nick comments, still staring at Ayan's handsome face.

"Who's he?" He asked.

I gritted my teeth,  feeling a possessiveness towards Ayan, enough to not want to answer Nick. Plug readily took over for me, regaling Nick with Ray's story.

"Can you introduce us na, Sand?" He begged.

"Nick, should I tell Boston you're lusting after the bar's new singer?" I told him almost irritatedly.

"Ton would find him attractive too. Besides, I'm not thinking of doing anything. He just looks good Sand and I have eyes to admire," smiling into his vodka.

Ayan had opened his eyes and they landed on me, it was sharp and measuring. Realizing belatedly that Nick's hand is on my thigh, I discreetly moved it away but Ayan had turned, smiling towards the other side of the stage.

"P'Ray! Are you single?" A petite girl was openly flirting with Ayan as he contemplated his answer.

"Somehow, I think this is a trick question. Is it Nong?" He charmingly replied.