Chapter 16: I'll Grovel If I Have To

SAND

SAND

Blowing off smoke into the air, I was startled when the fire exit door opened and Vi's purple hair emerged.

Chuckling at the ridiculousness of the situation she finally said, "the boyfriend you've been whining about is our CEO?! I gotta hand it to you Sand, you sure have guts!"

"How did you know that?" I asked Vi in surprise.

"You just called our CEO Aye in front of everyone. You've been saying Aye to me over and over, I didn't even think it was Khun Ayan's nickname. I think you just effectively convinced everyone in that

conference room we weren't really dating. If the way Khun Ayan sent everyone out of the room right away is not enough indication, the way you never seem intimidated by the harshness of our CEO's tone while you just sat there knowing he meant everyone but you to get out. How long have you been dating our CEO?"

"You should be asking me how long we have been on a break," I scoffed, tossing the cigarette butt to the trash and taking out another one.

"That I know, you did say 6 months," she laughs, leaning on the wall. "Should I go tell him I'm a lesbian, so there's just no fucking way you and I are going to be anything?"

"Don't be ridiculous Vi. Just leave it alone alright? We'll deal with our problems. He is right, I shouldn't have addressed him so casually in front of everyone. I lost my head for a second there. Aye is still my boss here and I should have waited to bring up our relationship issues when we were alone," I sighed, also leaning against the wall.

"I guess no one's ever smart enough when it comes to love Sand. By the way, your Aye called everyone back inside and told them to shut down the rumors immediately. The one who made the post confessed he was paid to post that picture," Violet gave a short laugh. "I just lost my manager by the way. Your Aye fired him, it turns out she was the one who told that girl where to find us and to post the pictures. Apparently she wanted to shut down the rumors about me being a lesbian that She thinks it's better if I had a dating scandal with you. She almost ruined you right before your big concert. Your boyfriend is an amazing CEO. He had figured everything out in the last two hours when the whole team had been here since early morning. He immediately realized no one would know where we are unless it was someone inside and I never told anyone else I was meeting you there except my manager. The apology post should have been released now and my ex-manager also released her own."

"I'm sorry Vi, one coffee date together made this big of a mess," I sincerely apologized to her.

"Nahh... Ciz and I hadn't been seeing eye to eye on things lately. I see no problem in revealing my sexuality. I mean, I always envied how you came out with it right from the start. But she thinks it's gonna discourage the fanboys," Violet shrugged her shoulders. "Anyway, I just came to check on you. Cool your head first before you have another shouting match with your boyfriend. I think you slamming the door of the conference room on our CEO had already made you a legend," she said laughing as she went back inside the building.