Chapter 8: The Key 🗝

SAND

Slowly waking up after a night of binge drinking almost makes me wish to stay asleep until the headache of the hangover passes but I needed to be somewhere important today.

Slowly, consciousness leaked into my sleep induced fog and I briefly wondered why my bedroom's color and decorations seemed all wrong. What happened to my band posters? Sitting up in astonishment upon realizing I was in Ayan's room. Wracking my brains for an explanation. I was pretty sure I was drinking with Nick and Boston last night. Did I come here? Surely I was too drunk to drive.

Looking around for Ayan, terribly embarrassed, wondering if I said anything out of the line last night. Realizing he wasn't in the room, I was about to get up when I found a note on the bedside table with a bottle of aspirin, water with honey and a key. Saying he had to leave early due to an early meeting and that I should take two aspirins and drink all the honey water. At the bottom as if hastily added, he said to take the key to the house and lock up when I leave.

For some reason, I felt ridiculously happy at the gesture. Ayan gave me the key to his house when he told me he didn't want anybody else in it, hence the dismissal of all the staff. He also reminded me we have a three o'clock meeting today at the company. Oh Shit! Scrambling off the bed; wincing from the headache, I took two aspirins as instructed and drank the whole glass of honey water. Apparently anything Ayan prepares tastes better.

Finding a simple soup and toasted bread at the counter, I ate everything and dashed out. Not wanting to be late for my meeting with the CEO. I called Nick while I was eating and he told me I left my motorcycle at Yolo, just blabbering about going to a guy named Ayan. He was confused because he thought I was dating Ray but I was boarding a cab before he could stop me. Scoffing at my almost mishap, thankfully I didn't reveal the truth to Nick.

Still smiling to myself as I walked into the Eclipse Records building a little after 2 o'clock. Feeling ridiculously happy for some reason even if I didn't get to see Ayan this morning. My manager raised an eyebrow at my surprisingly cherry behavior. Shrugging, I discussed some of my upcoming schedules with her and everything I got to prepare. Telling me she sent the details to my line too , I absently nodded that I heard.

"So this is your first time to come face to face with the whole team and the ever elusive CEO. Are you excited?" Beth asked, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks and yes, I am very excited. I wonder how he is at work," I mused out loud.

"Who?" Beth asked confused. "Oh you mean the CEO? Yeah. He is absolutely a perfectionist at work so you should think about whatever you want to say during the meeting before saying it. He could slit your throat with his words. I remember you being all flirty with him during the ball. He might not like it if you did that today," she warned.

Nodding in acknowledgment, yet having a hard time picturing the Ayan I know with the image of the one she is describing. Walking into the meeting room, with almost all the department leaders and front and center is the man I've been thinking about since I woke up this morning. Absolutely gorgeous but looking exhausted and pissed off. He was discussing something with the person on his right and only looked up when Thua whispered I had arrived.