Unveiling Bonds and Goodbyes

Notes:

Yay new chapter, as always hope you enjoy it. I will try post up a chapter every night as I have winter break, and I too hope yous are enjoying your break so sit back, relax and read!

Lloyd's emotions reflected a blend of surprise, sadness, and a mysterious emotion that eluded my understanding. My curiosity piqued, I turned to confront the intruder who dared to approach our table in such a bold manner. Her presence was striking—pin-straight white hair framing her face, vibrant purple lips, and eyes with the allure of a siren—dark, charming, and cunning.

Her focus was undividedly fixed on Lloyd, and an unspoken connection seemed to linger between them. In their presence, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of inferiority. They emanated an undeniable charm, a synergy that transformed them into an unstoppable duo, leaving me captivated by the unfolding dynamics at our table

I bit my lip, casting a glance at Lloyd, seeking answers to the enigma unfolding before us. However, his focus remained solely on her, causing a slight pang in my chest. The oppressive silence shattered when the mysterious woman uttered, "Hello, Lloyd." His response was swift, a hard stare accompanying his stern acknowledgment, "Harumi." A long painful pause lingered before he pressed further, "What are you doing here?" The tension in the air became palpable, causing a shiver to run down my spine. The unfolding scenario left me clueless about the intricacies of the encounter.

In response to Lloyd's inquiry, Harumi's gaze lingers, revealing a mixture of emotions. There's a subtle hesitation before she finally utters, "I saw you here and I knew I needed to talk to you, Lloyd. There are things that need to be said, things that can't be left unsaid any longer." Her tone carries a weight of sincerity, hinting at the gravity of whatever has brought her to this unexpected meeting. As the words hang in the air, the tension intensifies, leaving both Lloyd and the myself on the edge of anticipation.

Unsettled, I shifted uncomfortably in my chair, taking an awkward sip of my coffee. A nagging feeling suggested that what unfolded between Lloyd and Harumi was a conversation I probably shouldn't be privy to. With a heavy sigh, I resolved to call it a day and head home.

Standing up from my once-comfortable chair, I met Lloyd's gaze. "I should probably go. Bye," I uttered, accompanied by an awkward smile. I turned to face Harumi, who listened with an inscrutable stare.

Before Lloyd could respond, I swiftly made my exit. The weight of the unfolding situation felt like too much to bear. As I left the café, I stole a quick glance back at Lloyd, offering a sad smile to myself. It was a fleeting encounter, but for that brief moment, it was nice while it lasted.

As I strolled home, mulling over the peculiar events of the day, I couldn't shake off the sense that it had been truly unusual. Nevertheless, I dismissed it as a one-off occurrence, refocusing my thoughts on the looming exams awaiting my attention.

As the day gradually succumbed to darkness, and my journey home seemed to elongate, a faint sound reached my ears. Initially, I disregarded it, attributing it to the usual urban hum. However, the persistent and distinct sound grew nearer, transforming into someone calling my name. I turned around, startled, to find Lloyd jogging towards me—a surprising and unexpected encounter.

"Y/N," he called out, momentarily eclipsing the earlier fiasco from my mind. Responding with a simple "Lloyd," I noticed a hint of apology in his expression as he caught his breath. "I'm sorry about that. This wasn't part of the plan," he admitted, to which I responded with a nonchalant shrug, "It's fine, things happen, I guess."

He offered a small smile, and his tone softened. "Let me walk you home," he suggested, and my heart warmed at the unexpected gesture. "Sure," I replied. As we walked in companionable silence, a lingering curiosity prompted me to break the quietude. "Who was she?" I asked, and Lloyd hesitated for a moment before responding, his voice measured. "She's someone from my past, and today's encounter wasn't planned. I didn't expect to see her, especially not like that." The air between us held a weight of unspoken complexity, leaving me to ponder the intricacies of Lloyd's history.

I braced myself, acknowledging the reality that I had only met this guy today, and the likelihood of our paths crossing again seemed slim. Lloyd stole a quick glance in my direction before fixing his gaze on the path ahead. Our synchronized steps resonated beneath the glow of the oversized streetlights, creating a serene atmosphere. Breaking the silence once more, he ventured, "So, are you from around here? I've never actually seen you here in Ninjago."

I chuckled, raising an eyebrow playfully, "So, you know everyone here, huh?" I continued, "No, I'm not from here, actually. I arrived in Ninjago just a month ago, pursuing my dream of becoming a doctor. In my hometown, there were no opportunities for the kind of education I needed." His intrigue shone through as he responded, "Oh, wow. I would have never guessed. That's amazing that you want to become a doctor."

"Thanks. Leaving my comfort zone at home was challenging, but I'm determined to achieve my goals. I want to save lives and do something noble with my life," I sighed, a mix of determination and reflection in my words. Lloyd, visibly impressed, moved on to his next question.

"How are you liking it here in Ninjago so far?" he inquired, prompting a playful response from me. "Didn't realize I'm getting interrogated here while walking home, huh?" I said with a teasing smile. Lloyd chuckled softly, and I continued, "It's definitely more civilized here than my hometown, and the people are welcoming. I've been enjoying my time. However, I did hear the crime rate here is quite high, which does raise a slight concern."

Lloyd hums in agreement, "Yeah, definitely can't deny anything you said there. I love it here, but it's quite biased of me to say, of course," he chuckles, and I join in, understanding his perspective. Before we realize it, we've reached my neighbourhood, and I point to my house, saying, "That's it there," to which he nods.

He leads me right to my door, and the impending goodbye looms once again. "Well, it looks like this is it once again," I remark with a sweat drop, and he chuckles. "Yeah, looks like it. Can I get your number?" he asks anxiously, rubbing his neck. Blushing, I give a big nod, and he, as always, flashes that calming smile. Handing him my phone, he types away, and as he hands it back, I notice his contact name: "Elevator Boy." I can't help but laugh, saying, "I guess I'm your Elevator Girl."

He looks momentarily stunned, and I quickly backpedal, gasping with wide eyes, "Wait, wait, that's not what I meant!" I wave my hands frantically in front of him. He grabs my hands, holding them gently, and reassures me, "Don't worry; I understood what you meant, haha." Yet, my attention drifts, particularly to our hands—his calloused and rough, mine soft and smooth. I can't help but notice how perfectly they fit.

Before I comprehend it, he leans in for a hug, whispering gently, "Good night and goodbye." The tender moment lingers, leaving an imprint of warmth as he steps back, and I'm left standing at my door, heart fluttering with the echoes of our unexpected day.