Winter Wonders and Festive Bonds

After purchasing my dress, I continue to stroll through the mall, checking the time on my phone before sending a quick message to my mom. I then decide to enter a random store filled with bath bombs, shampoos, and more. Among the variety, I find the perfect scent that would suit Nya so well—strong yet sweet, just like her. Chuckling at the thought, I buy a bath set, and that's my Christmas present sorted for her. Thinking of the other guys, I grab a lightning bolt-shaped bath bomb that smells like blue raspberry for Nya's partner and an emerald-looking one with a mint mojito fragrance. I smile at the purchases, realizing there's one more person to find a gift for—the most challenging one: Lloyd.

Having walked through the entire mall without finding anything noteworthy, I leave feeling defeated. However, as I wander around Ninjago City, a small shop catches my eye. With not many people inside, I decide to enter, and to my delight, the shop is filled with cute figurines crafted by a local artist. I glance at all the available options until I find the perfect one. It's a figure featuring two cats ice skating, with one of them comically falling on the ice. The scene is adorable and silly, reminiscent of our recent ice skating session. Giddy with excitement, I can't peel my eyes away, taking a few pictures of it for myself before happily purchasing it.

With the Christmas presents sorted, I decide to head back home. As I make my way through Ninjago City, the festive decorations and the cheerful atmosphere add to the anticipation of the upcoming Christmas festival. I can't help but feel a sense of excitement and warmth, knowing that I'll be spending time with Nya and others during the festive weekend.

After reaching home, I meticulously arrange the Christmas presents in my room, excited about surprising my friends. The festive spirit envelops me as I decide to wrap the gifts, and I play Christmas music in the background to enhance the cheerful atmosphere. Humming along with the festive tunes, I complete the wrapping process, each gift becoming a small token of my anticipation for the upcoming Christmas festival.

Feeling a sense of accomplishment, I yawn and decide to take a well-deserved break. I close my eyes, relishing the warmth of my bed, and soon find myself drifting off into a peaceful nap, with the delightful hum of Christmas music lingering in the air.

~

The highly anticipated weekend has finally dawned, and an infectious excitement courses through me. Determined to make the most of the day, I decide to start getting ready early. Crafting a cute hairstyle and opting for a natural yet noticeable makeup look, I take my time to enhance my appearance. Once satisfied, I carefully change into the outfit that I bought from the mall, completing the ensemble with a spritz of my favourite vanilla fragrance.

With the presents neatly tucked into a tote bag, I prepare for the festival, intending to reach out to Lloyd after the lively event concludes. As I make these final arrangements, the realization that the moment is nearly at hand dawns on me. Stepping out into the night, I embark on a leisurely 20-minute walk, the city draped in darkness.

The distant hum of crowds and the vibrant glow of colourful lights guide me to the heart of the festival. Sensing the proximity, I send a quick text to Nya, announcing my arrival. She responds promptly, mentioning she's already there with the gang. Eager to join the festivities, I quicken my pace, anticipating the joyous celebration that awaits.

I spot Nya's iconic bun from a distance, and our eyes meet. In a burst of excitement, we rush towards each other and share a tight hug. Giggling, I express, "Ahh, hey girl, I missed you so much," and Nya responds with a warm smile, "Hey y/n, it really has been too long," giving a quick squeeze before releasing.

Motioning towards the two guys accompanying her, Nya invites them over. I turn my attention to the guy with brown, fluffy hair—taller and well-put-together. Playfully wiggling my brows, I comment, "So, this is your partner, huh?" Nya laughs and introduces us, "Yeah, haha, this is Jay. Jay, this is y/n," and we exchange greetings. Jay appears friendly, and I can't help but feel genuinely happy for Nya.

Turning my gaze to the other guy, my heart skips a beat. Lloyd gives a cocky little smirk and salutes, "Hey Y/N." Nya, taken aback, asks if we know each other, and I respond with a playful tone, "Oh, you bet. We are well acquainted." Lloyd joins in the laughter. Jay seizes the opportunity to tease Lloyd, asking when he got a girl, and Nya facepalms while I turn pink. It's too early for this kind of revelation.

Lloyd laughs and nudges Jay, who grumbles in response. Nya suggests we get going, and I nod, allowing her to lead the way into the festive atmosphere of the event.

As Nya leads the way, I turn to Lloyd and playfully remark, "Well, you didn't tell me you were going to be here." He cheekily responds, "Neither did you," and I sass back, "In my defence, Nya didn't say who this 'guy' is." He smirks and teases, "That's why you ask, doll," and I roll my eyes at his antics.

Lloyd then goes silent and gazes at my appearance a little too long, and I inquire, "Is there something on me?" Feeling a bit flustered by his intense look, he quietly says, "You look good." Struggling to hear him over the crowd, I lean in and ask, "What?" He, too, leans in and whispers in my ear, "You look really good." Meeting his serious gaze, I suddenly feel a warmth in this winter weather. My eyes widen and I reply with a shy "Thank you."

Nya shoots me a sly look, and I respond with an innocent expression, pretending not to catch her drift. She breaks into a grin, clearly amused by her own mischief. "So, y/n, how's life treating you?" she inquires, and I take a moment to sift through the recent memories of my studies, encounters with Lloyd and the mysterious green ninja.

With a wry smile, I reply, "Quite chaotic, I must say. But, you know, settling in well." Nya bursts into laughter, Jay interjects with an exaggerated squeak, "Ninjago's a wild place," to which I nod in agreement, and Lloyd, giving Jay a playful look, remarks, "Crazy place, crazy people." Jay gasps theatrically, asking, "What's that supposed to mean?" The banter flows, and I find myself chuckling at the camaraderie, savouring the warmth of the moment amidst the chilly winter festivities.

Despite the chilly air, the festive spirit envelops the crowd, making the atmosphere warm and vibrant. Stalls adorned with exquisite Christmas decorations twinkle with colourful lights, casting a magical glow all around. Laughter echoes as children playfully chase each other, and adults immerse themselves in the festive ambiance.

Amidst the lively scene, there are amusement rides and a towering Ferris wheel that captures my attention. The idea of enjoying the breath taking view from its heights adds to my excitement. I can't help but feel a surge of joy, realizing how much I adore the winter holidays. The mental swoon is inevitable.

Glancing at Nya, I observe her intertwined hands with Jay, a picture of happiness and connection. Lloyd, with his infectious smile, completes the trio, and I appreciate the unexpected bond formed with these newfound friends. As we navigate the festive wonderland, I can't help but marvel at the beauty of the season and the warmth of companionship.