Dreamy Nights and Feline Surprises

On the second day, things take an interesting turn—I may or may not have accidentally burnt my dinner on the stove. I open the windows to let the smoke dissipate and let out a frustrated sigh. Where is my mom when I need her culinary expertise? In the end, I settle for making some quick ramen, feeling a bit lazy for another cooking attempt. I turn off all the lights, ascend the stairs, and head to my room to enjoy my makeshift dinner. Seated at my desk, I play a random movie on my laptop and dig into the noodles.

As I finish up some homework, a sense of accomplishment washes over me, and I can't help but spin around in my chair, exclaiming, "Ah, I'm too good at this!" However, my boredom soon takes over, and I mindlessly flick through my phone. Suddenly, my ears catch a strange sound, a distinct thud that echoes through the house. I pause, straining to listen, but it's followed by a series of ominous noises downstairs. Did I remember to close my door? Panic sets in as I contemplate investigating, but the fear of encountering a potential intruder holds me back. Leaning against my door, I brace myself, hoping my weight alone will keep it shut. The strange noises intensify, leaving me feeling helpless. In a moment of desperation, I decide to reach out to Lloyd for help..

I hastily type out a message to Lloyd, my fingers tapping the screen in urgency:

"Hey, something weird is happening downstairs. I hear strange noises, and I'm freaking out. Can you come over or, I don't know, offer some advice? Please, I'm kinda scared here."

Lloyd instantly replies, "I'll be there shortly. Stay hidden and keep quiet. I'll make sure everything's okay." A quiet sigh of relief escaped me as his promise offered a sense of security amid the unsettling sounds downstairs.

I silently tiptoe across the room, hastily grabbing a chair to wedge against the door, creating a makeshift barricade. Following Lloyd's advice, I retreat into my closet, shrouded in darkness. I anxiously turn on the flashlight from my phone, desperately hoping for Lloyd's swift arrival.

I endure what feels like an eternity, counting each anxious second. Suddenly, the main door creaks open, and my heart leaps—Lloyd has arrived. Two more minutes tick by, and then, the sound of footsteps approaching. The closet door swings open, revealing Lloyd's reassuring gaze. He extends his hand, offering me a way out, but instead, I wrap myself in a tight, scared hug. Gratefully, I murmur, "Thank you." In that embrace, all my fears dissolve; I feel secure. Lloyd responds with a chuckle, "Your kitten downstairs, though, gave me a fright." Confused, I look up at him, questioning, "Kitten?" With a nod, he confirms, "Yes." Puzzled, I assert, "I don't own a kitten." The realization hits—was the supposed kitten the intruder in my house? Breaking free from the hug, I venture downstairs, with Lloyd trailing behind, clearly amused by this unexpected turn of events.

In the midst of the chaos, a black kitten caught my attention, expertly scaling the curtains and leaving a trail of mischief in the kitchen. As I let out a sigh at the sight of the mess, my gaze shifts to the open windows—apparently, my previous dinner incident had left them ajar, allowing the adventurous feline to sneak in. Lloyd, ever the animal lover, scoops up the kitten in his arms, cooing at its adorable antics. I find myself momentarily distracted by the heart warming scene. The cat nestles into Lloyd's hand, prompting an involuntary "aww" from me. "Looks like this one has taken a liking to you, Lloyd," I remark, and he chuckles, "Yeah, I seem to have that effect." I raise an eyebrow playfully, teasing, "Getting ahead of yourself much?" His laughter fills the room.

Lloyd hands me the black kitten, its big pupils and green eyes capturing my heart. I can't resist squealing, "It's so small and cute!" Lloyd agrees, sharing a bit of his past, "I used to love bringing stray cats into my house, but my uncle wasn't too thrilled. We had no space for them." The mental image of a young Lloyd surrounded by cats warms my heart. As I release the kitten, it promptly launches into an attack on the furniture, earning a chuckle from both of us. "My little robber, huh?" I muse, and Lloyd laughs, "Tell me about it. I guess you're the new owner now." Pondering the situation, I mumble, "I hope my mum doesn't mind."

Lloyd turns to me with a curious expression and asks, "What are you going to name him?" Gazing at the playful kitten for inspiration, I suggest, "Espresso." Lloyd meets my eyes, repeating the name, "Espresso?" I confirm, "Yes, Espresso." He contemplates the choice and comments, "Well, that's definitely quite a name." Chuckling, I explain, "The kitten is as dark as an espresso, and it's definitely an expressive feline, as you can see it playing with the carpet." Lloyd laughs, saying, "Pretty cool and unique. I like it." I add with a smile, "The first time we met, we did go for a coffee as well, so it can remind me of you since you did find the kitten too." Lloyd grins and playfully messes up my hair. I protest, "Hey, c'mon now, you can't go messing my hair up." Lloyd laughs, asserting, "I can and I will."

Expresso, eager to join the fun, begins to climb Lloyd's legs with tiny claws, causing him some distress. I burst into laughter at the sight. Lloyd quickly lifts Expresso, grumbling, "You little rascal." Teasingly, I retort, "Hey, don't talk to my son like that." He rolls his eyes and replies, "He'll live."

I then suggest, not wanting Lloyd to leave just yet, "Hey, Lloyd, do you want to stay some more and watch a movie?" He smiles and agrees, "Sure, I'm down for it." Internally, I dance with joy. Guiding him to the living room, I fetch some blankets and snacks for us. We settle down on the couch, with Espresso the kitten nestled in between us, earning a mental scolding. Lloyd asks, "Anything in mind?" I nod and confidently declare, "You bet." Clicking on my favorite childhood movie, Lloyd recognizes it and compliments, "You've got good taste." I taunt him with a playful smirk, saying, "Well, of course, I do." Lloyd ponders for a moment but then grins, saying nothing. Yeah, I definitely won that round.

The lights are off, the movie is playing, and I'm comfortably snuggled in warmth. Over time, Lloyd and I find ourselves leaning on each other, engrossed in the film. Espresso meows, seeking Lloyd's attention, and he chuckles, peppering little kisses on the kitten's face. I playfully grumble, "That should've been me," and Lloyd turns to me, nudging me with a smirk and saying, "In your dreams, doll." I roll my eyes, tempted to wipe that silly smirk off his face.

~

Halfway through the movie, I feel a gentle weight on my shoulder. I turn to see Y/n has fallen asleep on me, and it's an undeniably cute sight that tugs at my heart. Carefully, I pull up the blanket to ensure she stays warm and continue to watch the movie. As the scenes unfold, I find myself gradually lulling to sleep, struggling to stay awake. Leaning in, I place a tender kiss on Y/n's forehead and whisper quietly, "Sweet dreams" in my mind. However, in a selfish moment, I add, "Sweet dreams of me." Finally, I rest against Y/n's head, succumbing to the peaceful embrace of sleep.