Whispers of Winter Hearts

Notes:

Hey guys.. school has begun once again, but the updates should be somewhat the same I hope. Y/N sharing a little too much hmm? Enjoy the new chapter!

The snow continued to accumulate outside the cave, creating a mesmerizing but treacherous landscape. The temperature dropped noticeably inside, and a shiver ran down my spine. Regret lingered as I realized my impulsive adventure had consequences not only for me but also for the two ninjas accompanying me.

Engrossed in their banter about past experiences, the ninjas seemed like brothers, triggering a pang of loneliness within me. Lost in thought, I failed to notice their gaze until the green ninja called my name, snapping me back to reality. "Y/N," he inquired, and I mumbled a puzzled "huh?" He asked, "Are you doing okay?" and the red ninja chimed in, "You're oddly quiet, which is shocking coming from you." I shot him an amused and offended look, prompting the green ninja to smack his arm and mutter, "Now you've done it."

"Hey, what is that meant to mean?" I snap back, and the green ninja gives me a knowing look. "Now you know damn well," he says, and the red ninja giggles quietly. The green ninja snaps at him too, saying, "You as well, can't laugh." The red ninja looks offended and opens his mouth to protest, but the green ninja interrupts him, "Don't you even finish what you're going to say." I pull my tongue out sneakily at him, "Heh, you really thought you could win this one, huh, Red? Me and the green ninja are like this." I cross my fingers once again. The red ninja looks baffled and turns to the green ninja for reassurance, who just shrugs at him with an amused look and boldly says, "What can I say, man?"

Amid the biting cold of the cave, I couldn't help but remark, "oh man, is it getting cold in here?" as I hugged myself for warmth. Kai, the elemental ninja of fire, acknowledged the chill and lamented, "It's too bad there isn't anything to hold a fire for a bit, not even a stick here." I sighed at the prospect. Surprisingly, Kai seemed impervious to the cold, confidently declaring, "I'm the elemental user and ninja of fire." I couldn't resist teasing, "No wonder you're such a hot head," earning a chuckle from the green ninja.

The red ninja, seemingly offended again, retorted, "Hot-headed? Have you seen him when he was younger?" He pointed at the green ninja and continued, "He was the biggest brat, quite funny but a big pain in the ass." I chuckled at the thought and added, "Hard to imagine you being a brat, but then again, you do have a personality of sorts," playfully analysing him. The red ninja burst into laughter, and the green ninja admitted, "Don't even remind me; not my proudest moments." Suddenly, he reacted in mock shock, exclaiming, "Hey, what do you mean 'personality of sorts'? This is an offense to the almighty green ninja," as he flaunted himself with exaggerated gestures. Laughter echoed in the cave.

The red ninja paused for a moment before bursting into a cheeky laugh. "Oh, y/n, you should have seen the green ninja with his cutest bowl cut," he teased. I leaned in eagerly, exclaiming, "A BOWL CUT?" The little bit of the green ninja's face, visible through his mask, turned red from embarrassment, and he muttered, "Why must you do this to me?" The red ninja nodded with a sly grin. "He was and is a very cute fella, the most adorable blonde hair with the face of a puppy, but a very mischievous one," he said, giving the green ninja a knowing look. The green ninja, not one to back down, retorted, "I'm about to show you a mischievous dog," and they began playfully fighting like teenage boys.

"Some ninjas I'm with," I muttered with amusement. As they wrestled, I processed the information and suddenly realized something. I interrupted their scuffle, exclaiming, "NO WAY, you're younger than the red ninja!" Both ninjas halted, turning their attention to me. The green ninja grinned and confirmed, "Yep, the youngest and cutest ninja," shooting a pointed look at the red ninja, who chuckled and nodded in agreement.

I checked my phone to see that it was already four in the morning. I quietly muttered, "My mom is so going to kill me." The green ninja, amused, asked, "You didn't even ask your mom?" I stared at him in disbelief. "You can't be serious; of course not," I replied, and the two ninjas chuckled.

"Looks like we got a bad girl on our hands," the green ninja teased. I blushed a little but defended myself, "With innocent intentions, might I add?" The red ninja chimed in, "Whatever you say, missy," and I tutted at them both.

The red ninja then asked with wriggling brows, "So, y/n, any boy?" The green ninja looked at him in disbelief but then turned his gaze to me. I turned red at the thought, already having a clear image of a certain blonde boy, and the red ninja began jumping. "HAHA, she does, she does," he chanted. The green ninja remained silent, waiting for me to answer. I coughed into my hand, looked away, and shyly admitted, "There is someone."

The red ninja continued his teasing, laughing and chanting, while the green ninja's gaze remained fixed on me. As I admitted to having someone in mind, the green ninja's expression shifted ever so slightly, becoming more contemplative. He leaned against a rock, crossing his arms, and raised an eyebrow, prompting me to share more.

The red ninja, not satisfied with my vague response, nudged the green ninja and said, "Come on, spill the details, missy. We want to know everything."

The green ninja, still wearing his mask, tilted his head slightly, a silent invitation for me to share. Feeling a mix of embarrassment and curiosity, I hesitated before offering a brief description, "Well, he's blonde, has these mesmerizing green eyes, and... he's really kind."

The red ninja burst into laughter, finding the situation amusing, while the green ninja maintained his composure. "A blonde and kind guy, huh?" he remarked, a playful glint in his eyes. "Sounds like quite the catch."

As I continued to share my admiration for this mysterious boy, the green ninja's stern eyes softened, and he exchanged a knowing glance with the red ninja. The red ninja, now listening intently, seemed rather pleased, perhaps entertained by my enthusiastic descriptions.

"He sounds like the perfect guy," the red ninja remarked with a mischievous grin, clearly enjoying the conversation. The green ninja, maintaining his calm demeanour, nodded subtly, as if acknowledging the sentiment.

Encouraged by their positive reactions, I decided to play along with the mystery, withholding Lloyd's name for a bit longer. "Oh, he's not just perfect; he's extraordinary. Always there when I need him, even in the most unexpected situations," I added, savouring the intrigue I was creating.

The green ninja leaned in, his curiosity evident despite the mask covering his face, while the red ninja urged me to spill more details. Little did I know that the boy I was describing was, in fact, the very ninja standing beside me—Lloyd. As I shared anecdotes of our adventures, the green ninja's eyes flickered with recognition, a silent acknowledgment of the connection between the tales and his own experiences with me. The red ninja, caught up in the narrative, continued to prod for more stories, unknowingly pushing the boundaries of the secret I was carefully guarding.