Arcade Adventures

Notes: heh...late chapter...? I had work experience which was MADDD, I was asleep these days.

"Wow, this is unbelievable. First a kid, now a teenager? This is crazy," I express, stunned by the sudden transformation. Lloyd chuckles softly, his demeanour remarkably calm despite the extraordinary situation. "Yeah, looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer and then I'll come back to normal," he remarks, his tone tinged with resignation. "I can see that. This is quite drastic," I acknowledge, still processing the surreal encounter. "It is what it is," he sighs, accepting the reality of his unusual circumstance.

As we stand there, trying to comprehend the sudden transformation, Lloyd's teenage appearance adds another layer of complexity to the already surreal situation. Despite the shock, I can't help but feel a sense of intrigue and curiosity stirring within me.

"Lloyd, this is... unexpected," I remark, struggling to find the right words to express my surprise. Lloyd offers a sheepish grin in response, his demeanour a mixture of resignation and acceptance.

"Yeah, tell me about it," he replies, running a hand through his newly styled hair. "Looks like I'll be stuck like this for a while."

I glance at him, noting the maturity in his features and the subtle changes in his demeanour. "It's quite the transformation," I comment, unable to tear my gaze away from the teenage version of my friend.

Lloyd shrugs nonchalantly, as if trying to downplay the gravity of the situation. "Eh, I'll get used to it," he says with a hint of bravado, though I detect a trace of uncertainty in his tone.

"So, what's it like being a teenager again?" I jest, trying to lighten the mood.

"Hilarious, aren't you," Lloyd retorts with a smirk.

"Well, to be fair, most people would die to turn young even just for a moment," I offer, nudging him playfully.

Lloyd ponders on that thought for a moment before asking, "Would you want to turn even younger?"

"Perhaps not younger per se, but maybe fix some mistakes I made when I was younger," I admit, contemplating the idea.

Lloyd nods thoughtfully. "I fully agree with you."

I continue, "But then again, I'm pretty happy with my life right now, I think."

Curious, Lloyd asks, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, if I were to change my actions, perhaps I wouldn't be the same person I am today or meet the people I have already, and so on, you know what I mean?" I explain, hoping to convey my thoughts clearly.

Lloyd nods in understanding. "Yeah, I get what you're trying to say."

After pondering for a moment, Lloyd's expression shifts, a mischievous glint dancing in his eyes. "Hey, wanna see something cool?" he asks, excitement evident in his voice.

Intrigued, I nod. "Sure, what is it?"

Lloyd grins and gestures for me to follow him. "Follow me," he says, leading the way through the bustling streets with newfound energy.

As we navigate through the lively streets, Lloyd's enthusiasm is contagious, and I find myself swept up in the excitement of the moment. I steal glances at him, marvelling at how much he's grown since our earlier encounter. There's a newfound confidence in his stride, a sense of purpose that wasn't there before.

Curious about what Lloyd has in store, I quicken my pace to keep up with him. Finally, he stops in front of a nondescript building tucked away in a quiet alleyway.