Frosty Laughter

Days passed without a message from Lloyd or any sightings of the Green Ninja. I resigned myself to the idea that our paths might not cross again. On a brighter note, I successfully passed the challenging exam I had worked tirelessly for. With the arrival of winter break, I can finally enjoy some well-deserved relaxation.

Seated by my window, boredom takes over as I observe the diverse lives unfolding below. Each person carries a unique story shaped by the twists of fate, and the realization that my own narrative is just beginning fills me with excitement. Casting my gaze further, I notice the bare branches of trees, their leaves long gone, creating a stark and cold tableau that captures the essence of winter against the melancholic blue sky.

As I gazed out of my window, I noticed something white beginning to sprinkle from the sky. Squinting my eyes and moving closer, I realized it was snow. A gasp escaped my lips as I watched the delicate flakes fall from the sky, captivated by their beauty. Unable to resist any longer, I decided that I want to go outside and fully experience the enchantment of the snowfall.

Surveying the chaos in my closet, I let out a sigh of frustration. Amidst the jumble, I managed to pick out a cosy turtleneck, a snug sweater, and some leggings to layer under my loose-fitting jeans for extra warmth. Fully clad in my makeshift winter armour, I peered out the window once more. The snow had accumulated on the ground, creating a pristine white blanket. Unable to contain my excitement, I darted to the door and hollered that I was heading out. My mom's response, a sweet but concerned "Okay, honey, stay safe!" echoed behind me. If only she knew about the peril I had faced earlier – it would undoubtedly result in a perpetual ban from venturing out. I chuckled at the thought as I stepped into the winter wonderland awaiting me.

Crunching through the snow-laden ground, I couldn't suppress my delighted hum at the winter's enchanting charm. The air carried a refreshing, crisp scent, and I observed a surge of people, particularly excited children, exploring the snowy landscape. Immersed in the serene view, I strolled along, gazing at the greyish-white sky as fluffy snowflakes descended, occasionally stirred by the playful gusts of wind, forming mini snow whirlwinds.

My wandering feet eventually led me to a nearby shop, prompting a spontaneous decision to indulge in a warm cup of coffee from the machine. Zeroing in on the coffee section, I swiftly inserted a paper cup, pressed the latte button, and added a touch of caramel syrup and a sprinkle of brown sugar for that extra warmth and sweetness. Patiently waiting as my cup filled, I then proceeded to pay, emerging from the shop with a steaming cup of comfort to thaw my cold hands.

Embracing the wintry magic around me, I opted to extend my stroll and make my way to the park. The trees stood adorned in a pristine blanket of snow, and I meandered along the now snow-covered path toward the park's main attraction—a vast, frozen lake

THWAK!

I froze as a cold, wet sensation hit my neck, and I turned abruptly to identify the source—Lloyd. My breath caught as I looked at him, realizing he had just thrown a snowball at me. The audacity! Despite the lack of prior contact, he pulled this playful move. Without a second thought, I swiftly gathered some snow in my hands, forming it into a mushy sphere, and retaliated by launching it right back at him. He emitted the most adorable laugh and approached me with eyes sparkling. "Hi there," he greeted, and I mumbled, "Well, that's one way to greet someone," eliciting another twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

"Hehe, I just couldn't miss my chance," he mischievously answered, and I couldn't help but laugh at his childlike antics. "Of course, you couldn't," I replied, and he gave a determined nod. As he nodded, I noticed a piece of his blonde hair sticking out of place. Acting on impulse, I went onto my tiptoes and fixed it, the softness of his hair beneath my fingers making me resist the urge to ruffle it. Lloyd froze for a moment, his ears and cheeks turning a cute rosy hue, though I attributed it to the cold. He managed a soft "thanks" as he gazed into my eyes.

I too paused, locking eyes with him until THWAK! Lloyd accidentally knocked his head into mine. I could hear distant running, and someone was shouting "BULLSEYE." Lloyd quickly grabbed my face to inspect for any signs of bruising, repeatedly apologizing and asking if I was hurt. "Nope, not at all," I quickly replied, trying to dismiss the stingy sensation inside, although deep down, I knew he had a head of steel.

But my mind couldn't focus on that fact for long because Lloyd's touch felt oddly right, as if he was meant to hold my face for life. Despite the winter chill, his hands were warm. However, the moment was abruptly interrupted by someone approaching us. They grabbed Lloyd by the head and began playfully ruffling his hair, declaring, "Got ya, you little punk." Lloyd attempted to fight him off, whining to be set free. The scene unfolding before me was too much, and I couldn't contain my laughter. Something about the unexpected tension being broken or the domestic familiarity between the two just struck me as incredibly funny. I ended up on the floor, gasping for air, tears streaming down my face.

The two of them exchanged a puzzled glance before Lloyd approached me, concern etched across his face. "Are you okay, y/n? I didn't hit you that hard, did I?" he inquired, noting the tears in my eyes. He then turned to the brown-haired male, exclaiming, "See what you did, you idiot!" The brown-haired guy retorted, "Hey, it wasn't my fault. I didn't even realize you were with some girl!" Before their argument could escalate, another burst of laughter erupted from me. The two guys, realizing I was laughing at their interaction, visibly relaxed. I composed myself, getting up and dusting off the snow. "Oh yeah, I definitely got brain damage after that," I quipped, and we all shared another round of laughter.