3.

Dread was visible on everyone's faces, they heard the same announcement just earlier on. Another one of their classmate have left them, it wasn't till a full day when they lost a total of four classmates already. Park Min-Ji was holding Kyung-Jun's jacket, she's planning to give it to him once they all gather in the entrance of the Youth Center.

Walking down the stairs, she saw him looking up at the statue of the girl. Something inside of her stir as she looks at the sitting statue, it looks familiar at the same time not. Min-Ji approaches Kyung-Jun, his jacket folded nicely on her arm. Poking his shoulder, the man quirk a brow at her presence and his eyes went donw to his jacket.

"Sorry I didn't get the chance to wash it." She shyly said, giving back the jacket. Kyung-Jun just nodded, a smirk forming on his face as he grabs the jacket. He just noticed that Min-Ji was in a casual attire, it was refreshing to see her out of the school uniform. "You look good, by the way." He mentioned, flashing a smirk at her before leaving the girl stunned on her feet.

Min-Ji just gulps and look away, it was weird, so weird. How their interactions seems to affect her now and then. It also seems like Kyung-Jun was approaching her and trying to reconcile with her even with the situation they're trapped in.

"They're here." She heard Mi-Na spoke, putting down her hands. Min-Ji stare at the students who decided to hike the mountain, a mixture of dread, solemn and anxiety was visible on their faces. Having to witness another one of their classmate's got lost because of the game they're forced to play in.

"What happened to Dong-Hyun?" Eun-Chan approaches them, asking the question that everyone has in their mind. The students watch the interaction as they awaits for an answer. "Hey, say something. What happened to Dong-Hyun?" Mi-Na repeated the question, Kim So-Mi contemplated for a while before opening her mouth.

"He thought.." her voice broke as tears well up in her eyes, she was the one who witness it all unfold. "The line stopped there. So he was checking. Then he slipped." Her voice wavering and a tone of fear can be heard from her.

Kyung-Jun suddenly approach Jun-Hee, Min-Ji seeing that he is already wearing his jacket once again. She watch as Kyung-Jun questioned Jun-Hee, bombarding him with questions.

"Then how far in the village were you able to go? You said you would meet people and call the police. Did you do it?" But the answer to his question was such a dismay, some were already giving up hearing Jun-Hee's answer. "We couldn't go. The entire place is enclosed with the line. We're completely locked in here." His words made Kyung-Jun irk, as the man back off Jun-Hee.

Min-Ji step forward, eyes staring at Jun-Hee and her brows furrowed together. "Are you saying that we're trapped here?" She gulps as she once again took another step. "We can't leave this place until we finishes the game?" Licking her lips in anticipation, their classmates cried when they heard Jun-Hee hum, and muttering a small "right".

Kyung-Jun threw something on the floor and it echoed in the lounge, Min-Ji felt like laying down and not stand up once more. She's already tired. How can someone like them be able to survive on their own without any guardian looking out for them? They only got themselves. And they don't even know who to trust amongst their peers.

As betrayal is a common thing, and sharing trust is something rare.

. . .

Min-Ji was walking up the stairs when she saw Yoon-Seo and Jung-Won talking, she can see the former's eyes turning red as she was holding back her tears. Her lips quivering as she spoke, Min-Ji approaches the two. Taking a sit next to Yoon-Seo and combing the girl's hair, trying to give a sense of comfort.

"You don't have to blame yourself, Yoon-Seo." She started off, she can feel both of their eyes on her. "It isn't your fault in the first place. They were the ones who volunteered to go and check it out." Jung-Won nodded at your words, holding the girl's hands rightly. Yoon-Seo cried out in frustration, as she still feels like it is her fault.