Chapter eleven

Sorry for getting this chapter out so late, I truly am. I've been super busy and I may take even longer this next two weeks to upload because I have to study for a final exam. I will at least see if I can write the next chapter as fast as I can. But first I must update my other stories that haven't been updated in a while. :)

Well, enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle's P. O. V

I woke up the next morning to the sound of another person's breathing, a steady sound that drifted softly around me, like music. I cracked open my eyes slowly and stared at an unfamiliar ceiling, disoriented.

Where am I?

I shot to a sitting position, the blanket that was lain on top of me slid down my shoulders and fell into a heap around my waist, as last night's events came back to me in a rush. I surveyed the room around me until my eyes landed on a lump on the bed that was next to me, me being on the floor on a small mat.

I sighed and flopped back onto my back and ran a hand through my hair, staring up at the ceiling tiredly. What a day yesterday was. So much went on that my head was left spinning in confusion. To think that Zack would allow me in his own home, and to meet his parents too, and is now allowing me to stay here.

I blushed in embarrassment and covered my face with my hands. Gosh, I acted so rude to his father. Can't believe that I did that.

A sudden thought occurred to me that left me panicking and rushing to fold the mat up and get out of this place as fast as I can. I grabbed my bag and quietly walked over to the room's door to leave, but something prevented me from opening up the door. I squeezed my eyes shut and bit my lip, my hand trembling on the door knob.

Father...

I can't go back, not after what happen. Surly he would not forgive me for it. I bet that if I do go home I'm going to end up getting seriously injured, even killed. But then again I can't actually take Zack up on his offer to stay here, even if I had agreed to it, it doesn't actually mean I can stay here. Beside it will cause trouble for him with my father, and it's not his problem to deal with but mine, so only I will face the consequence of my actions or my dad's.

The only thing I can do for now that won't jeopardize the safety of Zack or anyone else is to go find a hotel to stay for the time being. But then I will need money, and for that I will have to go back home to retrieve the money I've been saving up for the future or emergency case like these.

With my mind set I opened Zack's rooms door as quietly as I could and slipped silently out for between the small opening I created that was big enough for my body to go through without any problems and walked over to the front door.

"What are you doing?"

I dropped my bag in surprise and spun around so fast the world blurred around me, turning to face a bed headed Zack who stood bear chested against the hallway wall.

Shit when did he wake up?

I paused to admire the view, my heart thumping in my chest violently, then shook myself out of my daze and answered carefully, not wanting to rouse his suspicions, although I could tell that they were already roused.

"I'm going to go get something to eat, then go shopping for new books." Well I wasn't technically lying, I was going to do that, but I just wasn't telling him the full story.

"Then I'll go with you. Just wait here while I go get dressed." He straightened up and went to head for his room.

"Wait, what? No!" I panicked.