Chapter five

Been real busy but I finally got a chapter in. :)

Tell me what you think.

Vote. Comment. Fan. You know the drill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zack's P.O.V

I sat in the cafeteria at a table closest to the windows, which were at the far left of the cafeteria, eating a chicken sandwich for lunch and idly chatting with my four weird friends that I had made on the first day of school.

Rob, a humorous sarcastic guy was telling us an entertaining story. His dark brown curly hair, so dark of a brown that it almost looked black, bounced up and down whenever he bobbed his head to any exciting part of the story that came up. He was waving his hands in the air as he told us every detail of the story as if he experienced it first hand, rather than hearing it retold from a friend or two.

Marie who was sitting next to Rob listened intently to the story, her blue eyes, surrounded by a thick coat of mascara, flashed with amusement every now and then. I find Marie to be a strange girl, she dresses emo, and she looks emo, but completely acts the opposite.

She's bright and optimistic, so much so that it's annoying at times, and full of life. She doesn't have that scary, dark 'I'm going to kill myself any minute now' demeanor that is usually associated with the emos that I've seen before, and I'm not saying that all emo people are dark, and tragic people who like to cut themselves. No I don't believe that all are, I just haven't seen any that weren't that way until I met Marie.

Jack on the other hand was a quiet, mysterious type of guy. He barley talked except for quick intervenes in conversations. He had long orange red hair that covered his bright green eyes. At the moment he was facing away from our conversation, silently staring out the window looking at the street beyond with a distant look in his eyes, lost in his own little world called La La Land.

And last but not least we have Jane. Sweet, cute little Jane. God she was the sweetest and cutest girl I have ever met. She was short, 4'7 to be exact, a good two heads shorter than me; everyone always made fun of her height, including me. She had very curly raven black hair that shined a dark blue when the sun hit it, intriguing gray eyes that made you want to look at them for a long time, and rosy red cheeks that were heightened by her pale skin.

She likes to volunteer at animal shelters, help feed and take care of the homeless; the list goes on and on. The point that I'm trying to prove is that she is super sweet, nice, and caring. Though right now she was jumping up and down in her seat, so engrossed in the story that a gun can go off in the cafeteria and she wouldn't have noticed.

Anyways we were listening to Rob's story when it happened. I got this strange feeling that something bad was going to happen and looked over to the doors that opened up to the cafeteria, I was confused why I was looking over there for but got my answer a second later. A kid with brown hair and eyes came barging into the cafeteria with purpose, flocked closely by a couple of jocks and slutty looking girls.

He stopped in his tracks and scanned the students for something or someone in particular. When he spotted what he was looking for his eyes lit up with hatred and he headed off towards it. The way he walked was cool and languid, almost lazy - dangerous. Like he was prepared for a fight, or to start one.

I followed his gaze until I landed on what he was looking at, and to my surprise it was Kyle. I shot my eyes back to the brown haired boy and narrowed them into slits. What's up with this guy? I wondered. I didn't like the way he was looking at Kyle like that, and I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen.