Chapter eighteen

Kyle's P. O. V

I didn't like this one bit, not one fucking bit.

I glowered at Zack who was giving me a stern look, arms folded across his chest. "No," I growled, not moving from my comfortable spot on the bed.

Your all probably wondering 'what the hell is going on,' so let me do a little recap for you so you're not so confused.

This morning I had woken up to Zack shaking me awake. At first I was confused as to why I had been sleeping on Zack's bed, then it all came back to me and I blushed to the tips of my ears, feeling utterly humiliated.

I had cried in Zack's arms.

Oh God, just thinking of it made me want to go hide in a corner and disappear. I don't know what came over me last night, maybe it was the shock of what just happened that had caused me to push aside all rational thoughts, but man did I feel stupid right now.

At the time, there were so many emotions running through me that I wasn't surprised when I started crying. Though what shocked me was Zack actually willingly holding me in his arms for what felt like hours.

I could still remember how warm and safe his embrace was, and I was thankful he didn't turn me away when he had noticed me breaking down and instead comforted me. Though when I had finally processed everything my mind then souly focused on Zack and how close we were. The feel of his muscular arms wrapped tightly around me, the hardness of his chest.

Though what really drove me over the edge was the way he smelled. A musky sent mixed with mint and the pure, sexy aroma of a male. I got shivers just remembering it and I couldn't help the burn of lust that went through me and to my groin, and suddenly I was grateful to the blankets that were covering me as it provided enough to cover my obvious growing hard on.

So I shook my head and forced myself to continue on with how I got to this point as a way to distract myself and give myself enough time to cool down.

When I was all dried up of tears I relished in the way his fingers brushed through my hair, relaxing me to the point where I found myself drifting off to sleep, forgetting about everything for the moment. And then next thing you know I wake up to Zack telling me it was time to get ready for school, which I totally forgot about.

I'm brought back to reality at the sound of Zack's voice. "Come on Kyle, get up, you have to get ready for school," he said and moved towards me as if to drag me out of the bed, his hands reaching for me, but with a groan of displeasure I scooted farther away from him, glaring at him.

"No," I whined, "I don't want to go to school. Can't I just stay home?" I asked hopefully, giving him my best puppy eyed look and I could see him about to cave in but then he shook himself, returning back to his senses.

So close, I thought as he smirked.

"Not an option," he said, amusement clear in his eyes.

"You suck," I pouted, crossing my arms across my chest.

I so do not want to go to school. I just wanted to go back to bed and sleep for God knows how long until this ach in my chest went away. It's not like I didn't know what was causing this ach, not too long ago I had given my whole life story to Zack's parents, and a police officer to boot.

If that wasn't enough of a reason to stay home then too bad for him, because I wasn't planning on going to school. But I'll pretend to agree for now while secretly crossing my fingers. I know, I'm horrible.

Zack cracked a smile at my expense but then his expression grew deadly serious a second later, setting of warning bells in the back of my mind. I swallowed hard; my heart beat picking up in speed from how nervous he was making me.