Chapter twenty-three

It's been a while everyone, but here you go, a new chapter.

Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle's P. O. V

"A guy," Aiden said at last with a small, sad smile, like that was the answer to everything, and left, the door closing softly behind him.

Shock coursed through me when he said that and I wiped around to face Zack who wore the same expression as me. "Holy shit, did you just hear what he said. A guy changed him, a guy!" I just couldn't wrap my brain around that information, it was so unexpected.

"Never would have expected that to come out of his mouth," Zack murmured to himself thoughtfully. "He just admitted he liked a guy. Isn't that totally against what he stood for before?"

"Yup, it is," I shook my head, still not able to believe what just happened. "Wow, what a shocker. Any idea's as to who this guy might be?" I asked Zack but he shook his head.

"No idea," he frowned and looked as if he was trying to figure it out but shrugged a second later. "It's got to be someone from school that's for sure." I nodded in agreement.

The doorbell rang, interrupting our conversation and I groaned. "That better be the delivery guy this time with my pizza or I swear I'm going to die of hunger," at the mere mention of food my stomach growled obnoxiously and I shushed it.

Zack chuckled and opened the door and it was indeed the delivery guy holding our pizza. Zack took the pizza box and handed it to me, then paid for the food. He shut the door once the guy left and we headed towards the living room again, though Zack veered off for the kitchen to get us some drinks.

For the rest of the night we watched movies -- comedy ones, my favorite kind. Through the tension between us didn't ease out until the second movie in.

I was still conscious of Zach, the kiss still fresh in my mind, making me restless. I couldn't even really pay attention to the movies since my mind was so focused on Zack. Every laugh that erupted from him was music to my ears and sent shivers of delight down my spine.

I wondered if Zack could feel what I did, this tingling sensation that caused Goosebumps to spread along the surface of my skin from his very presence being this close to me. Or the way my heart sped up and my breath quickened, maybe he was experiencing this too.

If he was then he was doing a very good job at hiding it since he looked like he wasn't affected by the kiss at all, which was sort of disappointing.

When the second movie finished we called it a night and decided to go to bed. I now sat on top of Zack's bed, watching Zack as he got ready to take a shower. I bit my lip and tried to gather enough courage to say ask what has been on my mind for the past couple of hours.

"Zack," I hesitated, "can I ask you a question?"

He stopped what he was doing and looked up at me, curiosity and wariness in his eyes. "Sure."

"Do you hate me?" I asked and suddenly felt afraid of what he would say and wondered briefly if he would be able to see that fear in my eyes. I would hope not. I didn't want him to know how much he was affecting me, how worried I was about his answer.

He froze in shock, his eyebrows shooting up past his hairline and he looked at me like I had lost my mind, which mildly offended me, though I didn't say that. "No, why would you think that?"

I stared at him in disbelief. Could he really not know the reason, or was he just playing stupid. "Because you keep pushing me away," I replied.

"Oh," he said softly, finally realizing what I was getting at. He straightened up and walked over to me and I had to tilt my head back so that I could look up at him. "Kyle, it's not like that. I like you, I really do, but I'm scared of this. I just need time."