Chapter two

It's awesome looking isn't it. Your jealous aren't you. Ha Ha. *cries* So am I!

(This chapter has been revised)

P.S. This chapter increased by 1000+ words after the revision, that a lot, best be happy about this, lol.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle's P.O.V

"I'm sorry," she apologized to me, then stepped off the chair.

I sat up fast in my bed, gasping for air, becoming dizzy from the sudden movement and I rapidly blinked to get rid of the blurry vision of my surroundings. My hands were tightly clutching at my baby blue bed sheets. Large beads of sweat poured down my forehead. It dripped like a river off my chin and onto my shirt, soaking it. 

I glanced around my room a few times, silently assuring that I was safe, then took a deep breath and tried to relax my ragging nerves. Slowly I loosed my hands on my sheet as my body began to relax.

When I had calmed down enough I looked out my bedroom window and noticed the sun was high up in the sky.

Shit! What time is it?  I questioned as panic shot though me.

I looked over to my clock and groaned loudly with displeasure. It read 12:47 p.m, which meant was totally late for school. Throwing off my bed sheet covers, I hastily jumped out of my bed and rushed towards my dresser, only to freeze as a sudden thought came to me.

Oh no, what if my dad sees me on my way out? 

I became worried about how I was going to explain this to my dad, as I'm sure with his temper, he would not take this information well. But the more I thought about this, the more terrified I became of having to tell him.

Well I'm not, I thought to myself, finally collapsing under the pressure. I am going to sneak out of the house before his drunken ass gets up. 

I then grabbed a pair of jeans and a metallic t-shirt from my dresser, as well as a pair of underwear, then headed over to my bathroom to take a quick shower. 

Standing under the spray of water I let the coldness of it run down the length of my body, clearing the last bit of sleepiness out of me. The temperature of the water allowed me to sooth my nerves and think clearly once again.

After washing myself I turned off the shower head and slid the curtains aside. I then reached for my towel and began to dry myself off as I stepped out of the shower and onto the tiled floor. Once I finished drying myself, I then got dressed and walked out of the bathroom and into my room.

I strolled around the length of my room and gathered everything I would need for school, then exited my room and slowly crept down the stairs so that they didn't make any noise and awaken my father from his deep slumber that I knew he was bound to be in. As I sneaked past the living room I noticed my dads sleeping form on the couch, one hand holding an empty beer bottle and several more scattered across the floor and glass table. I sighed and shook my head, my expression becoming depressed and filled with anger.

He's been like this ever since mom died, or more specifically, since she killed herself.

I was eleven when I walked in on my mom, who was about to hang herself in her bedroom. The noose was already around her thin neck, and her feet were already positioned on top of the chair. After having heard her bedroom door open, and seen my small figure standing by the door with a look of shock and confusion on my face, a sorrowful expression soon coated her face, and, with tears of regret dripping from her eyes, she repeated the same words to me, before stepping off the chair and hanging herself.