Chapter twenty

Alright, here's the next chapter. Hope you all like it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle's P. O. V

Zack said he liked me!

Or well, that he was starting to have feelings for me, which is still as good.

I mentally did a victory dance as I watched him cook, shifting from foot to foot as I peered over his shoulder. My stomach growled and my mouth watered from how delicious the food he was making smelled and looked. He was making chicken Alfredo pasta, and from what I could tell it was going to taste like heaven on earth.

When Zack had first said that he would cook for me, I didn't actually think he meant it literally. To think he even knew how to cook in the first place was surprising, and what was even more mind blowing was that he was extremely good at it.

How the hell did he learn to cook like this? Will he teach me?

Hmm, now wouldn't that be a treat, I thought suggestively and looked Zack from head to toe as he cooked.

"Kyle, would you go into that cabinet over there and get down a set of plates for me," Zack said, snapping me out of my thoughts and I looked to where he was pointing and complied, feeling a bit guilty for where my train of thoughts had gone. I reached over and opened the cabinet and took two plates down and set them aside near Zack so that when he needed them they were easily attainable.

"Thank you," he stirred the pasta once more before dividing it onto the plate and setting it on the counter, looking satisfied with the results. "Dig in," he grinned smugly as I gaped at the food.

Damn it looked good. I'm so glad he knew how to cook, because I definitely didn't. I'd burn the house down if I ever tried making something even remotely edible. This just made me love him even more. I liked a man who could cook.

"Thank you so much Zack, you are awesome," I squealed in delight.

I turned away from the food and hugged him, giving him a peck on the cheek through my haze of happiness. I felt him stiffen in my arms and quickly stepped a few feet back, horror going through me from what I had done.

"Shit, I'm sorry," I stammered, "I didn't mean to, I was just...caught up in the moment. I wasn't thinking straight. And... and...," I had to force myself to not continue my nervous babble. "Um, I'll just, uh, go eat," I ended lamely and hastily sat myself on the stool in front of my food and stuffed my face, not really tasting it as shame and embarrassment went through me.

Stupid idiot, I scolded myself, how could you forget that he's still having a tough time figuring out his sexuality? You need to take things slow; do you want to scare him off when he was finally starting to discover his feelings for you?

No, no I don't.

I shoved another mouth full of food in my mouth and tensed when I heard him shuffle his way over and take a seat next to me. I kept my eyes locked on my plate, but carefully listened as he shifted in his seat. Then, hesitantly I felt him lean over to me and froze in shock when his minty breath fanned the side of my face.

"You're welcome," he whispered silkily into my ear, making me shiver, and pressed his lips lightly to the side of my face before straightening up almost jerkily and began to eat his plate full of food in silence.

My mouth dropped open and the fork I had been holding clattered against the plate as it slipped through my fingers.

Oh my god, I can't believe he just did that, not that I was complaining, because that just proved how well he was adjusting to our complex relationship -- we were in that in between state of friendship and being together in a romantic relationship; you could say the transaction from one to the other was going rather slow, but going none the less.