Chapter twenty-one

Yay, new chapter, and so soon after the last. I'm so awesome.

Tell me if you think the chapter was good or not.

Anyways, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zack's P. O. V

I was worried about Kyle. He hadn't shown up during lunch, which I had believed was because he was still in the classroom finishing his work. But when he didn't show up for last period, the class we have together, I became anxious.

Where was he? I wondered worriedly, biting my lip, flicking my eyes towards the door once again in hopes that he would just suddenly appear.

When another twenty minutes passed I couldn't stand it any longer and raised my hand. The teacher paused and raised an eyebrow in question. "Yes Mr. Lopez, do you have a question?"

"No," I said but quickly continued as the teacher opened his mouth, "but can I go to the bathroom, it's an emergency."

The teacher sighed and nodded. "Alright but don't take too long, this is an important lesson, it's going to be on your test."

"Thank you," I practically ran out the room. Once I was outside I began my search for Kyle. I roamed the halls but came up with nothing until I neared the path to get to the cafeteria, the way Kyle would have gone.

As I walked down the hall the sound of someone groaning in pain drew me to an empty classroom and I vaguely recall that this one and a couple others held no classes since the school doesn't have a need for them. There weren't enough students to use them so they just stayed empty.

As I neared the door to the classroom a bad feeling went through me and I hesitated before walking into the room. I looked around and froze when my eyes landed on the familiar outline of Kyle.

"Kyle," I shouted in alarm and rushed over to him, dropping to the floor to shake him. I rolled him onto his back so I could get a good look at him and gasped in shock and anger.

His face was covered in bruises and his lip was split open, leaving a trail of blood down his chin. His eye was already swelling from how hard he was probably hit and I could tell from the way he clutched his stomach that his face wasn't the only thing hurt. I bet he was bruised all over.

Murderous rage burned through me so hot that I was surprised I didn't blow up from the amount of it. I wanted to find whoever did this to him and strangle them to death.

How dare they do this to my Kyle! He was mine and no one was allowed to touch him. I froze in shock from the sudden onset of possessiveness that had filled me and anger to kill anyone that hurt him, but snapped out of it when Kyle moaned and opened his eyes some and stared at me in confusion.

"Zack?" He choked out and winced from the pain.

"Shh, you're okay now," I gently stroked unbruised side of his face, my face softening some, but the fierceness was still there, and wouldn't go away until I punish whoever the hell did this to him. "Alright Kyle, I'm going to pick you up and take you to the nurse's office okay."

"Ugh," he moaned but nodded his head.

I gave him a worried look before carefully gathering him in my arms. He bit his lip hard to keep from crying out and I felt pride for how strong he was acting when he was so clearly in a lot of pain. He was stronger then I gave him credit for.

It took me a while to reach the nurses office, mostly because I was going slow so I didn't jostle Kyle in any way to bring him more pain, and also because he was pretty heavy and I was afraid if I go too fast I'd drop him.