Chapter seventeen

Hey everyone, here's a new chapter!

I'm dedicating it to @kawaii-usachan for voting on every chapter so far. Thank you for that! :)

Well then, let me not keep you any longer, enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zack's P. O. V

When Dave was gone my mom rounded on me with a ton of questions, backing me against the wall. She looked furious, her eyes blazing with anger and worry. And she had every right to be feeling that way. I don't blame her, I'd be feeling the same way if I was in her position.

"Why didn't you tell us all this before, why did we have to end up finding out about it because of a police officer showing up to accuse you of assault and kidnapping?" My mom demanded, poking me in the chest with her finger, making me wince.

"I'm sorry, I promised Kyle I wouldn't," I defended myself, glaring heatedly down at her, shoving her hand away and taking a step forward so she would have to take a step back or I would have bumped into her.

I didn't like treating my mom this way. I always tried my best not to get into arguments like this with my mom. Mostly because were both stubborn and neither of us would back down from the fight until the other party admitted their complete defeat.

It was one of those traits that I both loved, and hated about her.

"Don't give me that look, I'm your mother. You know well enough that we deserved to know about things like that, no matter how difficult it may be to tell us about it," she stated. I opened my mouth but she didn't give me the chance to reply. "We let him in our house, the least you could have done was told us the truth. Did you really think we would have turned our backs on him once we knew?"

"No," I blurted, grimacing slightly. "I knew you wouldn't do that. Would I have really brought him here if I didn't trust you guys to have my back when the time comes?"

She hesitated with that. "I suppose not," she admitted after a while, relaxing a bit. "But that still doesn't give you the excuse to hide from us the fact that Kyles own father was abusing him."

"I know that!" I snapped back. We glared silently at each other, neither one of us wanting to back down. I didn't notice my father stepping in to interrupt our glaring match until he pushed against my chest, making me stumble before I caught myself.

I went to snap at him but found my words stuck in my throat as he gave me a stern look, shaking his head. "Behave you two. Now is not the time to be fighting, we have other things to worry about," he said and gestured over to Kyle who was standing near the stairway.

I hadn't noticed he was there and gasped in horror as I watched his mask crumple to his feet. He looked absolutely torn, struggling to stay calm. He tried to smile, but the expression cracked every time, revealing his true feelings. I didn't take that as a good sign. He was beginning to lose it; all of this was too much for him.

"Shit, Kyle," I shouted as he ran up the stairs, tears in his eyes. "Dammit. Mom, you can lecture me later, right now I have to make sure Kyle's okay," I said to her before turning on my heels and running up the stairs after Kyle, not waiting to hear her reply.

I found him curled up on my bed, his back to the headboard, knees dram up tightly to his chest, arms squished between, and head in his hands. I stood in the doorway, biting my lips as I gazed at him, uncertain of what to do as I watch his body shack uncontrollably as sobs racked him.

He's crying, I despaired, my heart bleeding for him and the pain he felt.

The sound of his chocked sobs tore through me and I found myself rushing over to his side without a moment to lose and wrapping my arms gingerly around him, hugging him close. I felt him stiffen in my arms before melting into my embrace.