Chapter 22. Playoff

The next morning, waking up I made my way towards the bathroom to begin my morning routine

The next morning, waking up I made my way towards the bathroom to begin my morning routine. After, I headed downstairs. Stepping into the living room, I cautiously surveyed the room, half-expecting to witness remnants of the tumultuous night before. To my surprise, everything appeared to be back in order, as if the chaos had never transpired.

Seeking solace in the familiar routine of preparing breakfast, I ventured into the kitchen and embarked upon the task at hand. With utmost care, I plated the breakfast I had prepared and assembled a tray. With the tray in hand, I ascended the stairs, making my way towards the guest room where Jermaine had spent the night at my request.

Gently knocking on the door, I entered the guest room, he was fast asleep I couldn't help but feel a mix of anticipation and apprehension. I didn't know how he would react to my decision to have him sleep in the guest room. Would he understand my reasoning, or would he be irritated about it?

I set the tray down on the bedside table. "Jermaine," I called softly, waking him up. He stirred, his eyes fluttering open as he adjusted to the soft morning light streaming through the window. His gaze landed on me, a slight frown appearing on his face.

"What's all this?" he asked groggily, his voice still heavy with sleep. I smiled, trying to push away the remaining irritations from the previous night, and tried to sound cheerful.

"Breakfast in bed, my hubby," I replied, my voice filled with a mixture of affection and apology. "I thought you deserved a peaceful morning after last night's chaos."

Jermaine sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, a look of surprise mixed with gratitude etched on his face. "You didn't have to do that," he said, his voice filled with gratitude.

"But I wanted to, I needed to. Just because I'm upset doesn't mean I won't cater to my husband," I sassed, sitting down beside him on the bed. "You wanna tell me what had transpired last night?"

He began to informed me, his tone tinged with frustration. "It all started when Marlon made a comment about Austin's relationship problems
and suggested he should deal with them instead of sneaking around with another woman."

I nodded, understanding the source of the tension. "And then Austin got defensive and it escalated from there?"

"Yeah, exactly. They started taking personal jabs at each other, things got heated, and before we knew it, the whole room was in chaos. The others had to step in and put an end to it before it turned physical."

I sighed. "Jermaine, I know guys will be guys and conflicts will happen, but it's not the kind of environment I want in our house."

Jermaine nodded, his expression softening. "I know, baby. I feel the same way. I should have just waited until everything was set up in the pool house and hosted poker night there. Either the situation was out of my control.

I responded, "Though it's perfectly understandable for me to get upset, I want to apologize for letting my emotions get the best of me and making the decision for you to sleep in the guest room, but I needed some space to process everything and somewhat try to get a good night's sleep."