Chapter 31. Love vs Lust

Jermaine, and I are currently getting ready for our couples getaway

Jermaine, and I are currently getting ready for our couples getaway. Evie, Cartel, Travis, and Keshia will not be joining us on this trip. I expressed my concerns about Cartel's influence over Evie, and it seems that Travis and Keshia are supporting him. Evie directly stated that she would only participate in the trip if Cartel was included. It's quite a dramatic situation, and it's best to keep the peace. The trip will be me, Jermaine, Whitley, Isaac, Myra, and Omar.

"Why are you getting yourself worked up? At the end of the day, it's Evie's decision, and there's nothing we can do to change it," Jermaine said, responding to my complaints while I packed my belongings.

"I'm just infuriated that she allowed him to manipulate her into getting what he wants," I stated, ensuring that I packed enough warm clothes.

"You and Whitley have strong wills and always prioritize God, which gave you both the strength to wait until marriage. Unfortunately, Evie got sidetracked," Jermaine commented as he packed his bags.

I let out a heavy sigh in response. "I understand that people make mistakes and compromise their morals, but it's painful to see someone you care about fall into that trap. Evie has always been a strong and independent woman, so it's shocking to witness her being manipulated by this man. It just makes me wonder how easily anyone could become a victim of such manipulation."

Jermaine nodded with understanding, his eyes filled with empathy. "We tend to forget that everyone has their vulnerabilities, even the strongest among us. Perhaps Evie's vulnerabilities just happened to align with his manipulative tactics. We have to remember that we can't control other people's actions. We can only control our own reactions and how we choose to move forward. Evie is responsible for her own decisions, just as we are responsible for ours."

His words resonated with me, reminding me of the importance of staying true to our own beliefs even in the face of adversity. Just because someone we care about falls into a trap doesn't mean we have to follow suit. We can support them, guide them, but ultimately, it's up to them to find their way back to the right path.

"It's easy to let anger and disappointment cloud our judgment, but you're right. At the end of the day, we can't control others, but we can control how we navigate situations like this. Sometimes, leading by example is the most powerful form of influence. So let's focus on the relaxation this trip will bring, and leave the drama behind. We deserve this time away," I replied.

"That's it, babe, leave all that drama shit behind," Jermaine said with a playful slapped on my asscheek as he walked past me, reaching for his suitcase.

I then flirtatiously changed the subject. "Honey, I've packed some lingerie. I'm thinking hot fireplace passion, champagne, and a little bit of role-playing. What do you think?"

He turned towards me his eyes widen and filled with excitement. "Role-playing? Shit, I think this trip just got a whole lot more interesting."